March 29, 2024, 02:20:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute Main Output jack - loose connection  (Read 4557 times)

Bittrexx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Minibrute Main Output jack - loose connection
« on: September 21, 2013, 03:31:21 pm »
Hello all you fine forum people -

I am having an issue with my Minibrute I'm hoping someone can help me with.  Shortly after receiving my synth, I noticed the main output jack started getting a bit glitchy.  The output would just sporadically cut in and out.  At first I thought it might have been the cables, but after trying with multiple cables I know this is not the case.  I noticed it's wiggling within the jack itself that is causing the cut in/out.  Eventually the main output became unusable... I had a gig coming up so I just started using the headphone jack instead.  Looking at the two jacks, physically they seem similar and undamaged.  And now my headphone jack is starting to be a bit flaky so I need to fix this ASAP.

Has anyone else had this?  How would you go about fixing it?  Would it be best to just remove the old jacks and install new ones?  I live far away from my vendor so financially and time wise it is too costly to send it in for repairs.  However I have a technician who can help me - if I need to install new jacks what would be the proper part number/identifying/whatever to use?

I would appreciate any guidance you could give me - thanks!

azone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minibrute Main Output jack - loose connection
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 09:02:01 am »
It's either a (bad) solder joint to the phone jack (likely), or the spring-loaded operation of the phone jack itself.
Either way I would just take it to your tech. It's a one-hour job or less (to remove the I/O board, fix jack, and reinstall I/O board).
It's a standard phone jack, your tech will probably know the part already, or you can ask Arturia for the part # they use and you can cross reference.

Bittrexx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 03:39:48 pm »
Yeah I tried asking both Arturia and my vendor for assistance on this, they both pointed me at each other.  Neither was any help really... I see why they wouldn't help me but it still leaves me up the creek without a paddle.  My tech said the solder looked good so it must be the spring.

Hoping for one more try - could someone link to an appropriate replacement part, or part name/number/ID whatever?

azone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 09:37:11 pm »
That part is knocked off by dozens of chinese manufacturers in Shenzhen.
I couldn't find it on Mouser, Digikey, Newark, Allied, Avnet etc.. but it's this one:
http://syntaur.com/4177.html

Bittrexx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 01:15:53 am »
Right on man, thanks so much!  Appreciate it!!

azone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 01:50:46 am »
you're welcome.
Ask Sam at Syntaur what Manufacturer (part #) he uses for these replacement parts he sells. I'd like to know. 
These jacks are used on a lot of synths including Minibrute, Bass Station II, Access Virus etc... I never see them in the catalogs of the major manufacturers.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:14:49 am by azone »

lauprellim

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 08:51:30 pm »
I'm having the same problem with the SYNCH jack in the patch board...when I stick the 1/8" cable in all the way, no clock synch with my eurorack sequencer module.  When I stick the 1/8" patch cable in half way, bingo...are others having problems with this type of thing on the patch bay?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines