March 28, 2024, 04:32:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How do you set KL61 transport buttons to act with Digital Performer 7.24  (Read 3724 times)

stilinline

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi,

I can't find how to make the transport button on the KL61 work with DP. Nothing happens. How do you control DP trransport from KL61 ? Thanks for your help !

stilinline

stilinline

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: How do you set KL61 transport buttons to act with Digital Performer 7.24
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 11:21:16 am »
Hi,

I finally have been able to make the transport buttons work within Digital Performer 7.24. Everything is working well except that the lights on the KL61 transport butons stay off. It required some tweking however both in MCC and in the Commands window insde DP, but once the way of doing things is understood, it's quite simple. I did also affetc pads to the main functions of DP that I use in my daily work. I can share if needed the how to's to anyone interested or send the MCC file I saved once my settings were done as well as the file containing the commands window in DP.
I just have to mention that Motu have been as fast as the light to answer my problems in this case and that saved my day !
I have two major problem that I have to address to be safe and satisfied with KL61 :

- first is to be able to do the firmware upgrade to 1.24 (actually I'm at 1.19). in my case it doesn't work and I'm stuck with an alert window that says that the keyboard is not found. By the way it is found before hitting the fimware upgrade.
- second, the configuration preset saving doesn't work on the KL61. Once I have sent MCC infos in the KL I would like to be able to save it to the KL and the to be able to recall it at wish. Folowing the procedure doesn't work here and I'm well doing things as says the KL61 once I have clcked the value button to the question "are you sure ? yes ?"

I'd like to have the help of you guys at Arturia about the two points mentionned up.
In the meantime, I'm very well surprised by the keyboard in itself and the velovity curves for Kys pads aftertouch and so on are great.

Regards !

bayswater

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 09:16:57 pm »
Can you provide a little detail on how you did it?  I'm trying to set it up with DP 8.04.  I've followed the instructions in the DP manual to define the Keylab as a MMC device in Bundles (although it asks for a sysex ID.  Arturia's ID is 00H 20H 6BH, but I suspect it is looking for an ID to tell it which Arturia device to use in case there are multiple units connected).  I then went to the Commands page and set some of the Transport commands by pressing the respective transport buttons on the keylab.  The play/stop toggle works in DP, but the other transport commands sometimes work and sometimes don't.  Either way, DP becomes unstable and the DP stops responding to the Mac keyboard as more transport commands are set. 

Any insight into how to get the transport working and stable in DP appreciated.

corona84

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 06:41:56 pm »
Hello I been trying to ask you how to finally do it, but its seems my messages i can't sent messages, I just buy a key lab 88 but I don't have any idea how to make it work with digital performer, I am talking about the transports section, neither what si MMC and how can I do it, can you help me please, this is my mail, jose_armando_corona@hotmail.com

thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines