March 28, 2024, 05:26:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 1.05 Issues  (Read 5139 times)

LSchefman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Lab 1.05 Issues
« on: September 17, 2013, 09:58:21 pm »
This version has a couple of issuse I've found with Logic X 1.0.3, Mac Pro 8 Core, OSX 10.8.5, that need sorting out:

1. I'm getting very high CPU spikes and a few high CPU crackles in Logic X at times when the GUI is showing, even though Analog Lab is showing low CPU use on the plugin's CPU meter. The spikes vary, which is strange. Sometimes I can instantiate the plugin, and the CPU use is normal. Sometimes, it's much higher and spikes.

Closing the GUI reduces the CPU quite a lot, and sometimes re-instantiating it does the trick. I don't seem to be able to predict why or how.

(I thought I also had a problem calling up the plugin synths for editing, but that was error on my part.)

2. Also getting "crash on quit" when quitting Logic, and occasional crashes of Logic when uninstantiating the plugin, seems perhaps related to the status of the window of the plugin.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 10:34:50 pm by LSchefman »

CompoundBassist

Re: Analog Lab 1.05 Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 04:58:21 pm »
Also running into crash events.

Settings first:
Device:
Windows Audio
MOTU Main Out 1-2

Buffer: 1920 samples (10.0ms)
Sample Rate: 192000Hz
MIDI Devices: Keylab 61
RAM Allocation: “No Limit”
(no plug'ins)

Only run in stand alone, so far, as it crashes while exploring it's abilities. The crashes occur when the program's CPU meter ramps up to between 78-180% usage, while the cores register no more than 30% on any single core, and the CPU is never taxed more than 15%.

Occasionally crashing in “Sound” pages (with no common instrument factor) while the CPU meter reads as much as 120%. In most all the “Multi” pages, the program's CPU will hover around 25-65% before even playing a note. While playing Multi pages, the program's CPU meter will run up as high as 185% .

C/P'ed a “Problem Signature”. Crashed while switching between pages
-------
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Analog Lab.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   522f2ac8
  Fault Module Name:   Analog Lab.vst3
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   522f2ab2
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   001ade7a
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
------

Before my system is blamed...
System Stats:
Analog Lab 1.0.5 (from 1.0.4) (DL'ed 2013.10.08 10:54EST)
CPU: AMD FX-8150 3.6GHz 8-core
RAM: 32gig
MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Sound: MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid (using USB) (at 192Khz)

Hope this helps

timjackson142

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 11:36:37 pm »
I get the same problem. Imagine how bad it is inside a daw.  Unusable, I tried
Unfortunately arturia have ignored my requests for help. I suspect they know it is buggy crap and they have no help to give.

bigdaddywagon

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 09:21:00 pm »
I have had similar issues with Logic Studio 9 and found most problems disappear when I shut off wireless and refrain from connecting a network cable.
Also, I freeze tracks in Logic whenever possible to save CPU load.

$0.02 :)

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 11:21:32 pm »
 CompoundBassist I maybe wrong but you have windows audio driver selected not an asio also try dropping your sample rate to 44-48 and see if that improves also use a latancy/conflict  monitor to see if there is an indication to what is causing any other problems

8 cores have a read about virtual cores hyperthreading and realtime audio and decide if you need it im intel but mine runs lots better on 4

As for mac you cant turn off hyperthreading but the later version you have control over threads

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4426

Cubase have also introduced a feature asio guard

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/hyper-threading-and-asio-guard/kb_back/2020.html

Hope this helps

I only say all this because before I double checked everything lab crashed all the time now its fine in standalone and have had 8 instances running in Cubase no problem cpu doesn't even hit 50%

Don't get me wrong its not totally bug free but I can vouch its defiantly usable on pc

Real Soon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 07:07:57 pm »
Looking at the problems people have had, I'm grateful that I've had a relatively smooth time of using it. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, recently sprung for the new Live 9 (I went 32-bit to stay compatible with my older VST plugins) as my DAW.

The single biggest thing that makes it tough to do anything with Analog Lab in VST form is the pitch bend. It gets a ton of pitch-step artifacts, as if I were running a soft synth on my Android phone or something. That's a problem for me because I'm ALWAYS using pitch bends for various things, and it seems to happen on every single preset, and was there both before and after the 1.05 update.

What I'm going to try in a little bit is loading the standalone first, THEN running Live, and recording my ideas in analog-style. The pitch bend and every other control parameter runs smooth as butter in standalone. I understand the artifacts thing was identified as a bug in the Mac version a while back, but it's evidently a PC one too.

Do any Mac users (or anyone else period) have anything like this going on?

Other than this, I've had good luck. It might be that I'm on a pretty clean install of the OS.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines