March 29, 2024, 06:11:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Different problems (AMC, knobs,...) !  (Read 2606 times)

Twoke

Different problems (AMC, knobs,...) !
« on: September 17, 2013, 05:48:57 pm »
Hi everyone !
Sorry for my English, i'm French I try to do my maximum to write in a correct way..

I just bought an Arturia Minilab, installed the AnalogLab and the last Firmware + Arturia MIDI Controller. I'm on PC.

First thing is that AMC doesn't alway recognize that my Minilab is pluged... I often have to restart my computer.
Then, it often happens (in Ableton or AnalogLab) that when I turn a knob, it turns in the wrong way or gets stuck or makes shits like that..So I can't manage my effects correctly. I tested in both RELATIVE and ABSOLUTE mode and it makes kinda the same thing.

I just wanted to know if I was the only one or not ? Is Arturia making Firmware updates currently or waaat :/ ? Is there a solution ?

witchmaster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Different problems (AMC, knobs,...) !
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 08:34:50 am »
No you're far from the only one with these problems. The response of the encoders is TERRIBLE and hopefully Arturia will fix this soon, I don't understand how they haven't been able to fix this problem yet, the product has been on the market for several months. I'm starting to suspect that the encoders are bad.

There is also some weird acceleration going on that I have never seen in other encoders / pots. Maybe the acceleration is there because Arturia can't get the encoders to work "properly" otherwise.

I may sound harsh, but I think it's terrible of a company to release something this unstable to the market. We have to wait and see if Arturia will fix these problems.

Twoke

Re: Different problems (AMC, knobs,...) !
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 10:32:42 am »
Yea thx for the answer :) . It also makes my Ableton crash so many many times. Omg...

Arturia please lol,  WHAT IS THE ACTUAL F*CK !

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines