March 28, 2024, 04:51:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: My Brand New MiniBrute Not Working  (Read 2869 times)

LyricistFan

My Brand New MiniBrute Not Working
« on: September 11, 2013, 11:51:43 pm »
Okay folks I have an issue and I did spend about an hour researching similar problems to see if I could find a solution, but I still have a problem.

I picked up my brand new MiniBrute from Fedex, brought it home, opened it up, read the manual, turned it on, let it warm up, and plugged in my amplifier and headphones.  I hear an extremely faint noise in the HP's and some clicking/static sounds from my amp and I have to turn the volume up to earthquake level to get that.  I'm completely stumped.  I tried cranking all the volume levels, read the directions through a few times, and still nothing. 

There are 2 red lights flashing above Rate and Tap and green lights flash on the panel when I press keys on the keyboard (Filter Envelope Amplification Envelope area)

I play guitar and I'm fairly tech savvy, but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Does anyone hear have any advice or suggestions?  I was so pumped to start working on my music with the Brute today...what a let down. :(

Thanks in advance to those who can provide input!

Mmarsh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: My Brand New MiniBrute Not Working
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 12:47:02 am »
One quick thing to check: there is a switch in the back for triggering the MB - make sure it is set to Keyboard. Also make sure at least one waveform slider is up and the amp envelope sustain is all the way up.  Finally, make sure the filter is all the way open.

LyricistFan

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 01:59:08 am »
BINGO!!!  Thanks so much.

I did have the switch set to KYB, but soon as I moved the sustain slider it came to life.  Again, Thank you so much for your help.  I'm very grateful.

T3k

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 02:58:14 am »
My new Minibrute also did this right out of the box, giving me a heart attack until I though to try sliding the switch from keyboard to the other positions and back.

I also had to toggle the suboscillator's octave switch before anything would come out of it.

Han Solo was known to smack the Falcon from time to time.

Mmarsh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 06:10:27 am »
Cool beans, I'm glad that helped! A tip for a new synthesist: when you get stuck, get back to the minimum patch (the manual shows how to do this for the MB).  If you can reliably get back there and something still doesn't work, then you might have a problem.  Usually, you do this and you get the head-slapper :) and all is good.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines