March 28, 2024, 02:05:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: NO KEYBOARD DETECTED  (Read 19065 times)

made9

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: NO KEYBOARD DETECTED
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 10:30:43 pm »
Is the device manager refreshing when you plug the MiniLab ?

-- If so, you need to check if there is an unknown device that appears, then press delete.
Unplug the MiniLab then replug.
You will be able to perform the Firmware Update.

-- If not, there is a usb connection problem, change the cable or the usb port.

yes everything appears to be allright, and i tried all 4 usb ports,well i will soon try with another cable, but if the problem is really the cable because like i said, the controller is detected by ableton and i can work with it

thefirstcriggs

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 12:26:17 am »
Hello, I'm having a relatively similar problem to what is being described here. My brand new minilab is connecting with analog lab, and also as a basic controller for garageband. However, when i have downloaded minilab MIDI control centre, it has said 'no keyboard detected' and shown NO FIRMWARE VERSION. I have tried to upgrade the firmware several times but it constantly stays on 0% and then when cancelled says 'burn failed'.

I am using an iMac running 10.7.5. Does this ring any bells to anyone? I'm very new at this and my head is starting to hurt!

thanks in advance
Really, REALLY, new to this...

Dav1d

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 09:42:58 am »
mmm This problem happens on Mac only, anyway, have you tried this article:
==> http://www.arturia.com/evolution/kb/?View=entry&EntryID=182

Wavelength

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 06:46:15 pm »
Hi, I had much the same problem.  The MiniLab seemed to work OK until I tried to update firmware.  Then no lights no nothing.  Sent the thing back.  The replacement seems to work as advertised but I'm shy of trying to update firmware again.  Does anybody know what this firmware update is supposed to fix?  I would be grateful to hear from anyone that has successfully updated with no problems.  I do like the MiniLab now that it's working again and the Analog Lab download that came with it sounds great.  Thanks, Malcolm

devilbythedeed

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 10:55:33 pm »
For me, the device works with Analog Lab and with a DAW (Reaper), but when I try to use Midi Control Center to assign controls, it says the keyboard can't be found. Apart from that, it works fine on my Windows 64-bit system. Also, the firmware updated without problems.

dna514

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 09:05:10 pm »
mmm This problem happens on Mac only, anyway, have you tried this article:
==> http://www.arturia.com/evolution/kb/?View=entry&EntryID=182

Hello David, While you seem to have much knowledge, your tedious end around routines are really not helping anyone with the problem they are asking for help with.

My MINILAB works with Ableton (not very well, thats why I need to use the MIDI editor).  So sending people to get Snoize or MIDI Monitor will not help them figure ANYTHING FURTHER out.  Using the product in Ableton has already proven the device is detected by the computer, therefore the MMC is at fault.

I'm sure you are trying to do your best, but look at the details people are giving and stop wasting their time to establish what they already know.  The device will work with a DAW but not the MIDI editor provided by Arturia.

Also this is issue is on Windows 7 32 or 64bit, Windows 8, Mac 10.6.8, 10.7 and 10.8.

All I want is the knobs to work correctly, they are almost completely inoperable, and it is clearly a MIDI or Firmware related issue.

Goon

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 09:22:58 pm »
Works on Win7 64bit...no problem here

Olle Sjöström

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 07:05:22 pm »
Having the same issues. Running Windows 8.1 64 bit. This keyboard works on a Windows 7 64 bit machine with no issues however, but I want to use it on my laptop, the Windows 7 machine is a huge monster of a computer.

The keyboard is detected in my "Printers and Devices" and named properly. My system is in Swedish, and it says "The unit is being configured".
It has the latest firmware (2.0.1.2?)

In my Device Manager list, it's detected as "USB Audio Device", but it's greyed out, and it ONLY shows when "View hidden devices" under the view menu is ticked. So I'm guessing it's trying to configure it but it can't...

Attached some images:
The first image shows the "Printers and Devices" page.
The second image shows the Device Manager tab with hidden devices not showing
The third image shows the Device Manager tab with hidden devices showing.

Frustrating. I tried everything everyone wrote on this board, nothing does it. I have yet to try another cable. EDIT: Tried changing cables and it didn't change a thing. Also tried checking to see if it could be a compatibility issue with USB 3, but no.
I want this to work so badly! The sounds in Analog Lab sounds delicious, and it's a good looking keyboard and for the money it's a dream machine. Too bad it doesn't work.

If I were to venture a guess, I'd say that there's some sort of generic USB MIDI driver missing on my system, but I tried downloading something like that and nothing helps... Maybe Arturia can help out with some generic USB midi drivers? Or at least look up this issue since it seems there's a great deal of people who are having it.

Will eventually try to install Win 7 on this laptop to see if it works with that. If that is the case, then it's just something wrong with Win 8.1 and this device, probably easily solved with software drivers from Arturia.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:49:57 pm by Olle Sjöström »

Kiuas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 04:41:42 pm »
Also same type of problem with win8.1 64bit.

MiniLab instals just fine, shows up correcly in the windows devices and works quite good with the AnalogLab (which is awesome), BUT "midi control center" don't recognize/connect to it at all. Tried all (reinstall, different cables and ports, reduced the number of installed USB drivers) but no luck. Having also gig sensitive differences in the pads. Specially #1 needs more force than others.

WHATS NEXT!? This too cool tool to let go!

Olle Sjöström

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 09:54:45 am »
For me, nothing's changed. Still the same issues. Nothing recognizes the device.

Olle Sjöström

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2014, 07:12:08 pm »
I read on a Microsoft Developer's thread something about changing the register "osvc" value in the register. I tried that but it didn't help, but the lights started bouncing differently so it definitely did something with the USB connection.

nated

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 09:44:04 pm »
I was having the problem where my minilab could not have firmware upgraded and was not being detected as a MIDI device.

To fix the solution i just turned on Windows Update and had everything update. The MiniLab now works to the best of my knowledge, i will play around with it and keep you updated.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines