March 28, 2024, 01:57:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SparkLE controller lights doing bizarre things  (Read 6190 times)

zilch42

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
SparkLE controller lights doing bizarre things
« on: September 02, 2013, 09:34:16 am »
Hello,

My SparkLE controller started playing up yesterday, with the controller lights not following the onscreen selections. It seems to affect the sequence section, 1-8/9-16, Mute, Solo, Bank, Patt, Seq, Tune, Copy and Erase buttons. When I press each of these buttons, it performs the right action on the software but the light goes out on the controller. This is happening both in standalone and as a Logic X plugin.

I fixed it yesterday by re-flashing the firmware to the same version and it was fine but I've just started up again today and the issue is back. I re-flashed again and it's gone but I really don't want to have to do that every time I want to play.

Running Spark 1.7 and FW 1.0.0.3 and I have been running these versions for a while. The issue only arose yesterday. The only change I can think of to my system that might be relevant is that I just bought a Keylab61, and Logic was updated to 10.0.0.3 the other day.

Any ideas?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: SparkLE controller lights doing bizarre things
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 08:38:10 am »
Hi,
is it going well back if you unplug SparkLE and plug it back?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

zilch42

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 01:29:27 am »
Thanks for the reply.

No, unplugging the controller and plugging it back in doesn't help. Restarting the software doesn't help. Closing the software, unplugging the controller, plugging it in again and restarting the software doesn't help. And I tried reflashing the firmware again yesterday as I had before and it didn't work for me so I don't quite know what's going on.

I haven't tried reinstalling the software yet. Is that likely to help? Will my user projects be affected if I uninstall it?

Thanks

zilch42

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 11:16:02 am »
Update: Just reinstalled Spark 1.7 and that hasn't solved it either.

I think the problem is somewhere in the Logic AU. I get the problem running inside of Logic. I also get the problem if I disconnect the controller from the plugin (with the button not with the physical cable) and then open Spark Standalone while Logic is still running. But if I close Logic and open Spark Standalone it's ok.

Any ideas? This is pretty difficult to perform with

Thanks

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 03:37:04 pm »
Hi,
really no idea what could be wrong :(.
I will try to find some time to investigate this.
Did you do the trick inside Logic environment to disable SparkLE port?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

zilch42

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 01:10:18 pm »
Apparently not!

I did what I have always done in the past, cable the Sum to Midi Click and then the actual keyboards I need into the input notes. (The instructions I found when I got the SparkLE were all for the Spark so I was a bit confused but that's the best I figured out).

But I deleted that Sum cable and it's back to normal. I'm sure that cabling Sum to Midi Click is what I've always done and is what solved that "Pads 9-16 triggers 1-8" problem for me originally (Reply #5 here http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=13050.0). And I'm not sure if it explains why is happens in standalone while Logic is open?

So right now SparkLE, Spark1 Midi Out and Sum go nowhere (see pic). Can you confirm that this is the right setup for the SparkLE? It's all a bit unclear with the SparkLE.

Thanks for helping with this one Kevin!

juanjo_

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 02:51:35 pm »
Hi! any news on how to solve this? i have the exact same problem with my sparkLE, but also in standalone mode and vst mode, i.e. the loop button stays lit but in the software it changes to on/off, no change in the hardware tho. same with bank, pattern, seq buttons...... if i press those buttons in the hardware, i see the changes in the software but the buttons in the hardware stay lit or off

i think there something wrong with the hardware unit...

Thanks and regards,
Juanjo

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 10:11:44 pm »
i just tried the spark as plugin in ableton live 8 and recognized a similar problem with the lights. the drumpads work as they should but the lights don't light up everytime a sound plays. for example i have a bassdrum on 1-5-9-13, than the drumpads only light up on 9 and 13. also in the sequenzer some lights suddenly disapear and light up a few seconds later again...

that problem doesn't appear in standalone mode.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 09:38:01 am »
Hi,
Maybe at first you should try to configure logic X :
http://downloads.arturia.com/downloads/support/howto/pdf/tuto%20spark%201.7.1%20logic%20X.pdf

The problem appears also in standalone ? Sounds weird...
.......testing.......

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 01:06:36 pm »
since yesterday i have this problem also in standalone mode.

it's only on the sequenzer row (1-16) when i want to change the pattern, sometimes three or more buttons light up. and in sequenzer-mode some steps are highlighted allthoug i don't have any action on this step or otherwise some steps aren't highlighted allthoug there is a note. on the software screen everything is the way it should be, but the hardware doesn't work.

as VST in ableton live 8 it's not only the sequenzer row. it seems that pretty much all of buttons just light up randomly  ???

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 04:18:25 pm »
Are you shure that :
-you are un seq mode ?
- You select the good pad by pressing select and the pad you want ?
.......testing.......

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 08:57:38 am »
Are you shure that :
-you are un seq mode ?
- You select the good pad by pressing select and the pad you want ?

do you mean me with that?
I'm sure about that, but i don't understand what difference that makes. the lights also behave not normal in pattern mode or bank select. so it doesn't matter if i'm in seq mode or which pad i've selected. even if i start a new empty pattern, where no lights should be on, there are some numbers highlighted.

I could try to make a video, to show you how it looks like. but as this problem only occurs sometimes (and only for a short moment) i think that it may take a few days in testing this...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines