March 28, 2024, 12:02:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Please add option to select midi channel  (Read 3639 times)

jakejake

Please add option to select midi channel
« on: August 28, 2013, 08:20:14 pm »
Hi!
iMini sounds great, but for now it's unusable for me, as it only works in omni midi mode picking up midi signals coming from every channel. Could you please add option to select midi channel!
(I intend to use iMini alongside other ipad synths that already have the option to select midi channel)

Thank you very much.  :)

BeatPriest

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Please add option to select midi channel
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:23:49 pm »
same request here. I recently bought an io dock and genome midi sequencer to do some live sequenced performance without a laptop. the imini sounds great, midi learn is thumbs up but it needs midichannel select. In the meantime the only working solution is to use Magallan synth app as midichannel router. Set volume from mallagan to 0 then use the desired recieve channel for Imini to magallan midi in and set midi out to on. No you can uncheck other midi recieve channels in Imini leaving Magallan checked. This work so far but it is annoying this way not to mention the way it affects your ipad processor.

kewball1

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 09:11:10 pm »
Absolutely a MUST have feature.  I too want to use iMini along with other ipad synth apps, not in the Tabletop environment.  iMini desperately needs Omni on / off, MIDI recieve channel select. AND most importantly a 'Run Midi in Background On / Off.  I use iRig Midi and a few other apps for Live Performance, and having iMini hog the midi and run on all channels in the background makes it virtually unusable for me, as when I switch to Garageband, or Nanostudio or whicher app I want the iMini cannot 'disconnect'.  This really is a major yet basic requirement.  other than that, having owned a MiniMg for most of my lofe, this app is amazing. The ability to have presets, delay / chorus, etc...and the ease of mapping / learning midi controls is fantastic.  Its a KILLER app that I cannot use!  Very very frustrating.  Please implement this ASAP. 

janogarcia

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 08:05:02 pm »
+1

It's indeed very frustrating not to be able to select the MIDI input channel... This causes a lot of MIDI messaging issues
when used together with other apps.

It's my TOP #1 feature request for iMini.

badbear

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 10:13:22 pm »
SELECT MIDI CHANNEL OPTION NEEDED! Or is this a toy?

Grahamguitarman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 08:22:49 pm »
Bump it up!
I came on here to start a new thread but decided to bump this one instead.  I'm finding it impossible to sequence iMini properly in omni mode, and that makes the iMini useless as anything other than a nice sounding toy.  If iSem can have a midi channel select then why not iMini? 

I know Arturia can't be bothered to develop their own IOS apps, but they could at least give Retronyms a kick up the backside. 

BRUN0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 06:31:34 am »
Yes, this would be extremely useful!

haroldland

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 08:03:48 pm »
Select MIDI channel is Absolutely Necessary esp. for live performance using a master kbd controller, otherwise a tremendous app.  I registered here just to post this.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines