March 29, 2024, 08:59:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute syncs when clock is set to "free"  (Read 1657 times)

heavymaskinen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Minibrute syncs when clock is set to "free"
« on: August 28, 2013, 11:00:44 am »
When recording something in Ableton Live, I have the LFO-sync set to "free", but as soon as the recording starts, it gets synced, until I flick the switch back and forth once.

Help??

stevism

• Beta-testers
Re: Minibrute syncs when clock is set to "free"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 07:29:51 pm »
this also happens to me, although I've grown to ignore it. it's a really annoying bug.

i have not found a fix other than switching it back and fort, but that's really annoying when you're using a really slow lfo for slow filter sweeps or really fast for fm kind of things

definitely needs to be fixed

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 02:26:09 am »
I've never noticed exactly what you're saying, but I consistently experience a slightly different bug (might be the same cause, I dunno)

When it's syncing to an external clock, the LFO will run free when switched to free sync. When this clock is removed, the LFO reverts to Arpeg sync as the arpeggiator switches back to the MB's internal clock.

I don't remember experiencing it the other way around, like you're saying, but I don't specifically remember not encountering your bug, either.

So perhaps the bug is that the LFO switches to arpeggiator sync whenever the clock source changes.

matias_thinKing

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 05:03:41 pm »
+1

I think this happened after upgrading the firmware.  fwiw, in my case simply moving the lfo rate knob will override the syncing, so it keeps it less noticeable than the switch.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines