March 29, 2024, 08:26:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniMg compatibility  (Read 3281 times)

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
MiniMg compatibility
« on: July 29, 2006, 08:29:39 pm »
I don't as of yet own any Arturia products but it's looking like I want to so I'm posting here for any info on these 2 synths.  Is it really true that both the MiniMg V and the CS-80 have system requirements that meet those of my older Macintosh and Digi system? I can't believe it! They look like they are backwards compatible with older versions of Pro Tools going back to 5.1 and maybe 5.0.  Can I use them as an RTAS plugin with those older versions of Pro Tools?  I'm using a 500mhz. dual processor Mac with 768mgs. of RAM and a Digidesign 001 audio interface and soundcard running Pro Tools 6.1 and 6.4 in OSX and 5.1 in OS9.  I also use Pro Tools Free 5.0.1 aside from that which doesn't use a soundcard and utilizes Sound Manager on the Mac.  I looked over the compatibility matrix and it looks like both of these should work with both my computer and Digidesign hardware/software but I wanted to make sure before I buy eit her.  It looks like the MiniMg V might not work with PT version 5.0 but the CS-80 might....can you clarify this for me? I considered the G-Force(now M-audio) line of products but they are too CPU heavy for my computer.  Now it looks as if I might have found not one, but two great softsynths that might actually work for me.  Any info would be helpful as I can't get any answers from Arturia.....I guess you have to own the products first before you get ANY email answers from them.
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines