March 28, 2024, 08:19:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Power supply recommendations.  (Read 1786 times)

MarctheDarc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Power supply recommendations.
« on: August 27, 2013, 01:40:03 am »
Hello fellow MiniBrute users.

Looking 'round the net i find a lot of different advise on how to treat your analogue synths in daily usage.
When it comes to power supplies and the whole turning them on and off subject, there seems to be 2 primary schools of thought.

A. Connecting the mains and switching it on, prior to use, and once done for the day switching it off and disconnecting the mains. - supposedly over long enough time leaving the whole thing connected could have a negative effect on power supply and components, eventhough it's turned off.

B. Keeping it connected and turned on at all times, even when not in actual use. - supposedly this should induce less wear to the components than turning it on and off regularly. Aka. the wear from the switching on and off should exceed the wear from steady power round the clock.

Honestly my expertise in this exact field is at best limited, so i've been unable to determine which makes the most sense. Some input from some1 with real knowledge in the field would be highly appreciated! Obviously we're talking small gains either way, but i wanna do my very best for my gear.

Thanks in advance  :)

tertior

Re: Power supply recommendations.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 11:11:24 am »

I do not let anything connected, but do not turn more than 2 times per day.
I do not think it has a big difference except for saving energy hehe.

Thunderroad75

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 04:27:58 pm »
I never leave my gear turned on permenantly. You run the risk of power cuts, spikes etc. I use my gear 3-4 times a week for 4-5 hours each time. When im finished i turn it all off and unplug from the mains.

Just think of all the electricity you'd waste over the year if you leave it all turned on! I do think its just personal choose though. I know alot of people who leave their gear turned on all the time and dont have any problems. So do what you feel comfortable with.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:29:52 pm by Thunderroad75 »

MarctheDarc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 04:31:12 pm »
Thanks for the answers guys  :)
Guess i'll stick with A then.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines