March 28, 2024, 01:37:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 2600 tutorials?  (Read 4204 times)

MtotheC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
2600 tutorials?
« on: August 08, 2013, 03:40:27 pm »
Okay, since buying the V Collection last week, this synth has become my favorite. However, my understanding of how to program it is like me learning Chinese
Are there any online tutorials?
thnx

Futureline

• Apprentice
Re: 2600 tutorials?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 03:19:41 pm »
Hi.
I'm in the exactly same position as you, just bought the V-collection myself, and struggeling to figure it all out..  ;-)
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be too many GOOD tutorials out there, so I would advice you to download the old manuals for the ARP2600, and search the youtube for some too.
Also, a smart thing to do is to download the old patchbook for the original,- you can find it here: http://www.matrixsynth.com/2012/07/arp-2600-patch-book-full-scan-in-pdf.html
That gives you some advice on how this works, but there's no easy way..  ;-)

It can also be helpful to use a blank patchsheet to write down your own patches,- kind of oldfashioned, but many still prefer to have this option.  :-)
You can find that here: http://sonic.net/mjones/archive/docs/

Finally, in the manual,- on page 69 where you start to program your first bass-preset, there's an error:
It says that you should use the preset "temp/blank),- well that doesn't excist,- you'll have to use the preset "2_Osc", same preset with  the only difference that it's allready programmed to sound.
Bank: Templates - Synth - 2_Osc.

Just my two cents.  ;-)
PC with Windows 10 - 64bit., 16gb RAM, IntelCore i7 3770 CPU  3,40ghz.
FL Studio  20 Studio Edition
V-Collection, Pigments, Bazille, Blue2, Eiosis AirEQ, Largo, GO2, Speakerphone, Blade,PolyKB II, Synthix, V+, Matrix, Lector, Minimonsta, Spark VDM, Xils4, Xils5000, OB-XA V, Polymoog, Synthi V, NAVE.

MtotheC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 01:11:28 am »
awesome.  thank you!  I'll check out the links

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 01:55:41 am »
About tutorials, there's a great series called Synt Secrets, that Sound on Sound magazine finished about 10 years ago, it covers absolutely everything regarding analog and digital synthesis,- with good examples on how to make specific imitations of instruments and sounds.
It's quite long, it went over a period of 4 years, and has 63 tutorials/instructions, so for a soundprogrammer it is some stuff to dig into there.  :-)
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/allsynthsecrets.htm

It may be a bit difficult to just have it as websides like that, but if you want to put some effort in to it,- you could maybe use Adobe Pro (or a similar program) to make pfd-documents of all the webside tutorials, I've done it with a few of those, and it helps me a lot having them on the ipad while I work on the instruments.
PC with Windows 10 - 64bit., 16gb RAM, IntelCore i7 3770 CPU  3,40ghz.
FL Studio  20 Studio Edition
V-Collection, Pigments, Bazille, Blue2, Eiosis AirEQ, Largo, GO2, Speakerphone, Blade,PolyKB II, Synthix, V+, Matrix, Lector, Minimonsta, Spark VDM, Xils4, Xils5000, OB-XA V, Polymoog, Synthi V, NAVE.

aaron aardvark

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 08:49:04 am »
I should have figured this out earlier: moving VCF Init.Filter Frequency slider for the Frankenstein sound effect; I made it sound better by adding ARP2600V stereo delay also.

Thank you Futureline!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 08:51:55 am by aaron aardvark »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines