March 28, 2024, 07:56:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using SparkEDM on two computers  (Read 3014 times)

nibanez80

Using SparkEDM on two computers
« on: August 08, 2013, 04:04:58 am »
I need to use the SparkEDM software I just purchased on two computers. One is my laptop I take with me and the second is my studio computer. It's not exactly clear from what I've been reading but it seems like the only way to make this work is by purchasing the USB Dongle. Is this correct?!?!?

I shouldn't have to buy a USB dongle just to use the software on a second computer. Can someone chime in and let me know if this is true or not. I'm a first time user of Arturia's products and if this is correct, I don't think I'll be purchasing any more products. You all should take a tip from the many other companies (example: Native Instruments) which make it really easy to use their software on multiple computers without making people purchase an additional product (USB dongle).

Plus, I already have an iLok USB key for my Pro Tools stuff, I'd prefer not to have another USB because I honestly don't have the USB space.

If I am wrong and am misunderstanding and there is a way I can authorize my studio computer somehow without purchasing the dongle, please someone let me know.

Thanks =)

nibanez80

Re: Using SparkEDM on two computers
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 08:03:57 am »
Welp... I got my answer, for anyone that is interested.

Arturia forces you to purchase a USB key dongle in order to use the software you purchase from them on more than one computer.

The USB dongle... costs $22

Shipping... I only had one choice for shipping and it cost $19

Total cost for a stupid USB dongle... $41 (how ridiculous).

Any Arturia people who may be listening, please please please tell your company heads that you seriously need to switch to another from of software theft protection than using these USB keys. It's an inconvenience, plus it's old tech. Companies are hip to this and are making changes for the customers. Take a tip from Native Instruments, Slate, ToonTrack etc...

It should be told upfront when purchasing your products that a USB key would be needed in order to use the software we just purchased on more than 1 computer. I didn't find out till after I purchased which makes it more frustrating.

I seriously will not be purchasing any more of your products because of this. >:(

Dubsmuggla

Re: Using SparkEDM on two computers
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 06:10:12 am »
I just got on here for the very same reason. I purchased the entire V Collection, only to be told that I will need to purchase said USB dongle, which was not even available at the same Guitar Center where I purchased the V Collection. This is super inconvenient.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines