March 29, 2024, 12:13:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: My Minibrute is F**k'd...no more envelopes  (Read 6354 times)

novos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
My Minibrute is F**k'd...no more envelopes
« on: July 31, 2013, 06:54:07 am »
Hey Everyone,

I'm saddened to say that my most beloved minibrute decided to go crazy today and is NO longer usable...

I use my MB almost everyday. It's been sitting in the same place in my studio for a year and it randomly decided not to work today. It started off cutting in and out and making nasty sounds. I turned it on and off a few times and then it was done...

It turns on, but nothing is coming out of the output or headphones. The Filter envelope light won't activate and the VCA envelope light stays on without touching the the keys. Something went crazy with the envelopes!
It was periodically going back to to normal, but only for a few minutes and now nothing at all for the past few hours.

This is what I've done so far to fix it: I saw someone else post something similar and they said that a new adapter seemed to do the job. I found another adapter and the power came on, but NO sound. I updated the firmware and it didn't fix it.
I checked the GATE source a hundred times and it is still on KBD. I know my synthesis so all the settings are proper. When it came back on I made sure it was at a setting that would produce sound. I turned it on and off many times, but nothing...

Any ideas????? This particular synth didn't come with the "preset sheets" either. I sent tech support an email last year about this and they said they'd send new ones. Never got them!

Bruno!!! Help!
s'il te plaît!

NOVOS

MarctheDarc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: My Minibrute is F**k'd...no more envelopes
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 10:50:52 pm »
Dunno if you've tried this, and it's very simple, but the other day the envelopes of mine acted up a little (nothing like yours though), but switching the envelope-source away from KBD and back cleared it right up (while turned on ofc). And nothing since.

You may have already tried it, or it doesn't help you, but i was about to sweat and it saved me alot of heartbreak that day.

Hope your problem is solved soon. I couldn't live without my Brute.

novos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 08:25:59 am »
thanks for the reply...can't find an envelope source on the synth so I'm assuming you meant gate source. I tried switching it back and forth many times, but it didn't fix it... :-[

So weird...I have synths that are over 30 years old and never had a problem...

Thunderroad75

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 08:58:14 am »
Yo haven't got the envelope speed switch set to SLOW have you by any chance?

On my brute the sustain is very long when set to slow, maybe 10 seconds or more.

novos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 04:52:15 am »
no. it's set to fast. The filter envelope light won't even come on and the volume envelope is always on now....ugh...

Thunderroad75

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 09:04:25 am »
Sorry to say it but i cant see there is anything else you can bar opening it up to check for a loose connection somewhere. I am having issues with my minibrutes tuning. I am hoping that once i locate a plastic screwdriver i can sort out the problem. Good luck with yours.

microlytic

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 07:33:07 am »
did this get resolved?

Similar  problem. Power on and filter and amplification green LEDs go on. Then filter LED fades off, sound comes out on playing but if sustain is moved to zero then the amplifcation LED goes off and stays off, with sound. It does not come back if you move sustain up and play. Same with midi in. Only power on and off brings it back.

microlytic

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 07:44:38 am »
edit to my reply: gate source switch was on hold, switched it to KBD to fix. I have no idea what Im doing yet.

Everblssd

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 03:07:48 am »
Came across this feed today as my MB did the same thing...I know you said you tried another power adapter, so did I. Nothing. Until I found a 12V with 1250a, boom. Fixed. I looked at all the others and even what I think is the one that came with the MB and they're all 750a. Just FYI. Good luck.

PolitiKill1992

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 08:32:23 pm »
Any solution? same problem...  :(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines