March 28, 2024, 06:22:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute+ableton no sound-HEEEELP!!!!  (Read 2954 times)

arturia1234

Minibrute+ableton no sound-HEEEELP!!!!
« on: July 28, 2013, 09:16:35 pm »
Hello, before I get to my question I should probably mention that I am new to both the minibrute and synthesizers in general so please bear with me:  I just purchased my minibrute and I am trying to record it in Ableton Live Intro with a Behringer uca222 interface and I have got the Minibrute's master out going in to the uca222's input. The problem is that Ableton does not register the Minibrute at all but it does however register my Chimera synth just fine, even the static that occurs when I plug the cord from the interface into the Minibrute's master out is registered in Ableton but as soon as the cord is correctly plugged into the master out I get NO sound and nothing is registered in Ableton! I should also say that when i plug my headphones into the Minibrute and play it it comes through just fine. I should mention also that I have not installed the firmware for the mb since it seems to require some rebooting of the mb which I dont know how to do! Any help would be very much appreciated!! 

PS: I have also requested help from Arturia but they told to record the mb through a MIDI track which I have not yet tried, in part because I havent installed the firmware but also because I have managed to record the mb through/in an audio track when I fisrt got the mb and I dont see why that should be possible to do again.

PPS: I have also made sure that the audio track gets audio in and out from my interface

MarctheDarc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minibrute+ableton no sound-HEEEELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 06:30:08 pm »
Ableton has a decent help source on how to set up audio interfaces and recording external synths like the MiniBrute. Sounds like it could be a basic setup issue, so going back and making sure everything is in order with Ableton makes sense to me.
Hope that's helpful. Even if it doesn't fix the issue, it'll probably make it easier for you to explain the details of the issue, and in turn understand suggestions. It does take some time wrapping your head around a new DAW.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines