March 28, 2024, 04:02:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab49 - Some Buttons Flash On & Off for No Reason In Standby Mode.  (Read 5938 times)

monogee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I just received my KeyLab 49 this past week.  It took about a day for it to be recognized by my Mac Pro. When finally recognized, I find certain buttons flash on and off for no reason when it is in standby mode(meaning Analog Lab is not running or any other plugin).  I hope Arturia releases a update for their firmware soon.   :(

Shell9840

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I have the same issue on my KL49 & MacBook Pro, but it looks like the issue persists regardless of what computer it's plugged into. Totally unusable.

To clarify - for me, at least, the KL49 is recognized by the computer as being plugged in but the keys themselves do nothing. Every few minutes, without any stimulus at all, the KL49 blinks, resets, and changes its settings. Sometimes this blink will fix things, sometimes it will break things.

If you notice similar things happening to you, do not waste too much time with troubleshooting -- after I initially got everything set up and it wasn't working I spent many hours reading through the manual, troubleshooting software settings, etc etc to make sure I wasn't doing something dumb.. only to find that it was beyond my control.

Tech support says a download will be available to fix this "in some time" but I've received no information on what kind of time scale this refers to or how widespread the issue is.

I would advise potential buyers to hold off until this is resolved.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 12:47:07 am by Shell9840 »

monogee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Yeah Shell. Thanks for the info. I love the styling of the KeyLab49, but if this thing can't operate correctly, I'm getting ready to send it back before my 30 day return policy is up.   >:(

Dav1d

mmm, this is Odd, what is your Firmware version for each of you?

Shell9840

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Firmware v1.24, the latest as far as I am aware.

David we are already in email contact (bug ticket 115554), though you have not responded to my last email with questions from 6 days ago.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 04:33:05 pm by Shell9840 »

morfic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I can +1 this.
It started with FW 1.24

but since using the midi control center, hitting the "default values" button, sending that to the keyboard, and then fixing oddities from there, the lights no longer come on at  random
I'd love to say everything works (As it does in NI synths and other VSTi) but in Analog Lab, i can't get P2 to move (works in all others)
Every other pad, fader, encoder works normal though.
With all the fighting this, i don't recall, did Analog Lab listen to Velocity and Aftertouch out of the box (with FW 1.18 in my case)?
I don't remember, but for me velocity and aftertouch only work in synths where i can assign them.

I wish Arturia provided us with a .kl49 file we could load in midi control center, send to our keylab49 and at least get it back to how it was shipped, as the sending a config to the keylab49 at least stopped the randomness, i just seem to have a few things off in the config.

I attached the config i am using to send to the keylab49 as a start over point, i progressed it from the default values, in this the knobs are relative so synths don't bounce around, pads are midi notes, faders are fixed so the FILTER-A does not move AMP-S (as the default values double assign the same CC)
Save yours before you try mine.

I'm sure everyone here knows more about midi than me i attached the file for "just in case", but this file allows me to keep my sanity, until a new firmware comes out that includes a reset.kl49 or something to avoid this randomness after flashing (for me since flashing)

Shell9840

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
morfic, you say the initial firmware worked, or at least worked better?

Is there any way to download an older firmware and roll back to it, at least until a properly fixed update is available?

morfic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
morfic, you say the initial firmware worked, or at least worked better?

Is there any way to download an older firmware and roll back to it, at least until a properly fixed update is available?

I'm not aware of any old firmware to download.

Check this reply:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=13653.msg36266#msg36266

helped this guy

Shell9840

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I've played around with the KL49 for an hour or two and so far holding both octaves during startup (every time) has things functioning normally, no resets yet.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines