March 28, 2024, 11:02:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab MKII "Random" Sliders - solved  (Read 11545 times)

mcnitt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: KeyLab MKII "Random" Sliders - solved
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2022, 10:00:10 pm »
I have the same issue with fader 1 and found this post searching for videos and posts on how to disassemble the KeyLab MKII 61. I tried a few months ago but couldn't figure out how to get the back off; this explains that. Luckily I have some soldering experience and all of the tools needed. I'll first try keeping the slider out of the problematic zone for daily use but may try fader replacement down the road. Thank you for taking the time to write this up and share the steps in detail. Cheers.

Matt Lam

Re: KeyLab MKII "Random" Sliders - solved
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2023, 03:55:55 am »
Thanks for this detailed post and guide. I have a similar, but slightly different problem - the faders seem fine in the 0 and max positions, but several of them seem to be sending random signals when in an intermediate position. It also appears to happen more frequently when I am touching another fader or knob on the Keylab, or if I give the front of the unit a slight tap. Not sure if this could also be caused by a similar oxidation issue; I thought this might suggest something is loose/connected poorly, although the faders don't appear to feel particularly loose. Either way I might try replacing the faders as described here to see if that helps.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines