March 28, 2024, 08:35:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Too many minilab problem  (Read 7677 times)

stu0219

Too many minilab problem
« on: July 14, 2013, 09:56:48 pm »
When turning the knob up, I have moving in the opposite direction, or just not functioning at all.
it is hardly stable. You never know when the software is going to crash, or the controllers are going to malfunction
http://youtu.be/_N7NyknCEpM
and many time no sound,you have to reopen or reconnect the minilab
and i turn the 10 times to low volume to zero,but just 3 time gain to full, I have try the absolute mode,there is no help >:(
http://youtu.be/hVAwvmZYjRg
PS:I had update 1.0.4 version and firmware 2.1.0.1

rickyfav

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Too many minilab problem
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 02:38:39 am »
I'm having the same problems with encoders intermittently moving in the wrong direction. 
(specifically, values moving CCW regardless of direction of rotation.)

When this happens, If I quit my DAW/analog lab and open "Midi-Ox"  it actually shows the unit outputting decrement midi values instead of increment values on the encoder(s) which are effected by this issue.

This seems to happen most frequently if I move many of the encoders to set up a analog lab patch  and then its often the cutoff/resonance controls that respond incorrectly, although ive experienced this happen with other encoders too. (also, it can happen in absolute mode.)
I've also tried various USB ports/cables with the same results.

I love the features of this controller so it's a shame I can't get it to perform reliably at the moment.
(maybe the problem is something driver/firmware related ?)
Anyone else experience this? Can anyone from Arturia recreate and *hopefully* resolve this problem?

Ricky.

(using Windows 7 (64-bit) / firmware 2.1.0.1)

@stu0219
The volume dial responds like that for me too. It seems to have been designed to be easier to turn up the master volume than turn it down.
(setting the volume encoder to absolute mode in MCC and then using midi learn to map it in Analog Lab "fixes" this for me so the volume is more linear up/down)

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:58:24 am by rickyfav »

rickyfav

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 12:52:31 am »
I've sent a technical support request about this problem, but I thought I would post my latest findings here too.
Well, pretty weird behaviour . Sometimes no problems in ~2 hours use, but at other times encoders either moving the value backwards or sticking at a value (usually when its  already reached to 0) almost right away. I experience this in both relative and absolute modes, albeit with different midi values being output in each.
As before, "Midi OX" is also showing this happening in the raw midi data from the unit . (after the problem has occurred).

This is mostly happening with encoder 2, although it almost seems that once #2 gets confused, it effects the other encoders. (?) (often  #3 has the same
issue after # 2). Weirdly, I have found that if I move encoder 1, it seems to resolve the "stuck" encoders issue on the others, but I need to test this more to confirm if it happens every time. (If I stumble across a specific trigger for this problem too, I will update this.)

All very confusing and at this point I'm not even sure if the issue is hardware or software/firmware related.
On one hand it seems like it could be a loose connection or faulty encoder on the unit, but this is the 2nd Minilab I have tried with the same issues, (same dials effected too) so It seems unlikely. I'm also fairly confident that my computer setup is working fine and I tried reinstalling drivers/swapping usb ports,etc. but there were no improvements.

Anyway, sorry for the negative post. Other than the encoder problem I've experienced, there is a lot of good things to recommend about the Minilab imo.
help in resolving this would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Ricky.

Blitzen

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 02:34:20 pm »
Just received my Minilab and experiencing the same problems.The knobs turn the wrong way, if responding at all, and suddenly some work for a few seconds to go back into 'will of my own' mode again. Still trying some other settings/modes and see if its random or reproducable.

Minilab firmware 2.0.0.0 but seeing stu0219 has the same problem on an updated version and me not being fond of fw flashing unless it's really solving this problem, i'll stick to this one  :)

Win7X64

Rob Roff

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 12:42:28 am »
I'm also pretty annoyed by the weird behaviour of the volume knob and the slow turning of the other ones. It's even worse with the Ableton Script, takes forever to turn a parameter.

NestLeo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 01:44:23 pm »
I have a problem like that. It works good with analog lab but when using reason or ableton and mapping knobs on parameters, if I turn the knob parameter sets to a middle position and turns sliiightly up and down no matter how far I turn it and no matter min and max values. Makes mad if I spend time to make sound on a synth and this happens after all((

rbocquier

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 02:39:08 pm »
We will release in the next days a new firmware update that will improve acceleration in relative mode.
Robert
Arturia team

Rob Roff

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 08:40:13 pm »
We will release in the next days a new firmware update that will improve acceleration in relative mode.

Hi, this is good, but I think the issue of this thread is mainly the volume knob not working well and being jumpy or moving in the wrong direction. Turning the volume down using mini with analog lab doesn't work well, please check it. (at least on OSX)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines