March 28, 2024, 10:57:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: question to the staff about creating Kits and post them here  (Read 3013 times)

sparki

how about using samples in created drum kits that i got from sample libraries i have buyed?
there are royalty free, but am i allowed to create kits with it and post them here?
just want to be on the safe side :)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: question to the staff about creating Kits and post them here
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 09:32:44 pm »
Hi, sparki .This is  a grey area and it all depends on the licence from that sample company . which would mean reading there small print weather you are free to use samples and create kits. if you just go and use say ni machines samples kit straight in spark you may have a problem but if you resample and rename and use in a different context this is the same as making a tune and selling it ,but you have used the samples as to the licence agreement .

regards

terrym

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

kcearl

Re: question to the staff about creating Kits and post them here
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 05:25:09 pm »
Ive used some from a WA free demo library and I asked first. I was told if I mentioned where they were originally from there was no foul.

I think real problems would arise if you were to try and charge, or if they were bought samples that say you cant, but otherwise many samples I use are freely available on the internet and carry no legal restrictions...or, of course, make your own :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines