March 29, 2024, 07:13:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab vs Analog Factory: What's the difference?  (Read 4022 times)

trailerman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Lab vs Analog Factory: What's the difference?
« on: July 02, 2013, 02:37:00 pm »
Sorry for my ignorance - I have the V Collection, SEM and Analog Laboratory and Analog Factory.

I'm slightly unclear what Analog Lab is supposed to be adding to my collection.  Are there new sounds, more sounds, does it work differently to Laboratory/Factory ...?   No doubt I'm missing something, but this just seems like Analog Factory with a different GUI.

Please can somebody put me straight?

Cheers

Jules

lyford

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Hola, Como Estas?
Re: Analog Lab vs Analog Factory: What's the difference?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 05:13:00 am »
I have both and as far as I can tell it adds a multi-combo feature and some extra effects.  You can build patches combining more than one synth.  It's more like a reboot of Analog Laboratory in that you can also edit patches if you have the actual synth program too.

I also just like the GUI better on my big screen.

Cheers!

Lyford

lyford

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Hola, Como Estas?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 05:26:52 am »
Oh and another thing if anyone at Arturia is reading... I bought Analog Factory and played for a while and set up favorites. Now I have to audition another 5000 presets that include those favorites... wish I could transfer from one program to the other!   ??? ???

trailerman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 08:18:39 am »
Thanks lyford.

Looks like my voucher for an upgrade expired, so I'm going to give it a miss - sounds like it may be worth the 19 Euro upgrade cost, but not the full price, at least not to me.

Thanks again.

Jules

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines