March 28, 2024, 08:25:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to use the FX on just one instrument?  (Read 2775 times)

mihaibutincu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How to use the FX on just one instrument?
« on: June 30, 2013, 06:00:39 pm »
Hi guys,

I have a question and I sincerely think it's a stupid one but since I could not find the answer for it on the forum (yet), I'll shoot here.

Is there a way to use the FX assigned just to one sound(instrument) and not the whole pattern? I know about Latching(http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=4661.0) but that is not exactly what I am looking for.

I have a feeling this a straightforward thing, nonetheless I cannot find it.

Many thanks,
Mihai

CC4

• Beta-testers
Re: How to use the FX on just one instrument?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 12:05:22 am »
Do you mean the using the FX Live Pad on just one instrument?  Do you have the Spark or SparkLE hardware controller?

mihaibutincu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 09:24:38 am »
Sorry, my bad I forgot to mention, I have the Spark and yes, I want to use the Live FX Pad on just one instrument.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:57:36 am by mihaibutincu »

Seb

• Tech-Support
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 04:00:08 pm »
The FX touchpad will apply to the Master output.
One way to have it apply only to the track you want is to use multiple outputs, and have only the track you want to edit with the XY on the Master output, other tracks on another output.

You won't be able to change it easily in a live situation, but it's a possible workaround for what you want to do.

mihaibutincu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 08:20:14 pm »
Hi Seb,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Such an idea has occurred to me as well.

However, having the Live FX Pad enabled just for the Master output is not the ideal creative way. Be it live or studio, I think it would be a big big plus if I can, for instance, apply a roller on my snare whenever I want and wherever I feel. Having the effect on the whole 'thing' is something more like mainstream?

In case this feature does not exist, shall I create a feature request?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:21:49 pm by mihaibutincu »

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 07:27:36 am »
Perhaps;  I guess it depends on the effect you want.  You can switch over the the SparkLE interface and use the Instrument level effects while still using the Spark hardware controller.  So you can use the Instrument filter, Send 1/2, and Pan/Level effects by first selecting them on the SparkLE screen.  The Roller effect should also already work on the Instrument level.  You select the Roller, use the Live FX Pad to determine your timing, and then click on the pad or pads you want to apply the Roller effect to.  The Filter and Slicer effects are just on the Global level.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines