March 28, 2024, 10:17:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Request: LFO Reset on Trigger  (Read 6945 times)

legreg6

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Request: LFO Reset on Trigger
« on: June 28, 2013, 04:56:58 pm »
Hi,
I know this is an old instrument but I thought I would give it a shot.
Absolutely love the MMV (2.6.3 installed). Nevertheless one thing has been bothering every single time I utilize since I've had it : the LFO is running free.
Is there any chance this could be addressed ? In seems that all it needs is an Input Trigger connection, just like the Sequencer section offers, so that the LFO can be reset on "Key note on".
Same deal with the ARP 2600V.
These 2 synths are THAT close to be perfect, but that's a huge down since you basically cannot get a rhythmic patch that syncs "right on" with the beat. It's totally unpredictable.
This matter has been raised for a long time but has never been addressed. Not sure why (?).

Please, please, please... an input trigger connection.
Please.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 05:50:52 pm by legreg6 »

Adrien

Re: Request: LFO Reset on Trigger
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 10:59:32 pm »
Hi

I will note that for VCollection 4 updates, that is a good idea, I hope we can look into it and not only compatibility issues for the updates.

best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

legreg6

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:02:20 pm »
Hey Adrien,

That would be absolutely awesome. And really, doesn't seem that hard to accomplish... but what do I know.
 ;-)

inki

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 06:36:10 pm »
Hello, I'm having the same problem. Have you made corrections on a more recent version so we can trigger the LFO?

LBH

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 06:50:24 pm »
Hello, I'm having the same problem. Have you made corrections on a more recent version so we can trigger the LFO?
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

In the current Modular V3 the reset LFO on trigger feature is implementet for the LFO modules. Have been for quite some time now.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 07:38:15 pm by LBH »

inki

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 01:05:23 pm »
Hello. Thank you for your answer.

Indeed there is one new button called "trig in" in the LFO section. Unfortunately I don't manage to fix my problem:

I'm using the preset "Sweep pm" that has 4 LFOs (2 triangular and 2 sines). All theses four LFOs are gathered in one LFO setting called LFO 1. This LFO control the Filters.

in my session I want them to start functioning at measure 1, so that the combination of the Frequencies and resonance of the three filters will always be the same at measure 1, then evolve naturally.

I thought that trigging the LFO to the "LFO 1 trig" could be the solution but it's not.

Do you know what I should do to make this happen?

Thank you.

LBH

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 02:01:48 pm »
Hello. Thank you for your answer.

Indeed there is one new button called "trig in" in the LFO section. Unfortunately I don't manage to fix my problem:

I'm using the preset "Sweep pm" that has 4 LFOs (2 triangular and 2 sines). All theses four LFOs are gathered in one LFO setting called LFO 1. This LFO control the Filters.

in my session I want them to start functioning at measure 1, so that the combination of the Frequencies and resonance of the three filters will always be the same at measure 1, then evolve naturally.

I thought that trigging the LFO to the "LFO 1 trig" could be the solution but it's not.

Do you know what I should do to make this happen?

Thank you.
Your welcome.

If i understand you correct, then the trigger is the solution.
If you in example select the "Keyboard Trigger On", then the LFO phase is reset each time you play a note.
But keep in mind that the LFO is'nt polyphonic. So if you play multiple split notes, then the phase is reset by each note you play, so all held notes has the same phase.

You write you have selected "LFO 1 Trig".  So try to select the "Keyboard Trigger On" instead to trigger the LFO reset.

I hope that helps.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 05:13:53 pm by LBH »

inki

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 07:18:24 pm »
Thank you very much for your answer.

The thing is that I don't want the LFO phase to be reset every time I play a note.
But I want the LFO phase to be reset only on the first measure of my timeline.

Then I want to keep the LFOs going their way like they sound when there is no trigger on.

You see?

LBH

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 07:34:10 pm »
Then in a DAW use the trigger "External Sequencer on".

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines