April 18, 2024, 08:19:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Wouldn't it be awesome if Spark had TB303 abilities! Spark Ultra!  (Read 2551 times)

stikygum

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I think it would be really nice if Spark could sequence synths like a TB303, with the Accent, Gate and Glide parameters. Spark has the x0x buttons for it. That would further expand what Spark could do and would make it a pleasure to sequence synths with.

rodanmusic

Re: Wouldn't it be awesome if Spark had TB303 abilities! Spark Ultra!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 05:28:02 pm »
I want these features so bad, and maybe a shift parameter for each note directly on the hardware.

stikygum

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 08:50:59 am »
So you are saying you could hit shift and the x0x buttons would double as notes along with x0x steps? That would be cool, but I would choose to have the pads be the notes via the shift/select button.

rodanmusic

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 07:01:59 pm »
No I was just saying it'd be nice to be able to shift specific steps left or right in the sequencer by a few milliseconds directly on the hardware. 

You can do it in the software in the sequencer by selecting shift in the drop down selection, but it would be nice to be able to control that directly on the hardware.  In fact it'd be nice to be able to control any of those parameters that you can edit in the step sequencer software page directly on the hardware somehow.

st0ge

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 05:29:54 pm »
You can get 303ish sounds with the acid style synths by tweaking decay, pitch and accent in the sequencer.
Long decay sustains the note and it slides when the pitch changes on the next note.

Ofcourse, this is not exactly 303 way but I've done some freaky basslines for fun.

It would be really nice to see Spark vst having multiple midi outs, like audio now has, so you could actually use
one of those sweet 303 vsti clones in your daw and sequence them with spark.
Basically, each mixer channel should have it's own midi-out.

Ofcourse you can now use spark to sequence any vsti but only with one midi out and therefor you cant sequence
synths and drums at the same time.

Unless there is some option I havent figured out.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines