March 28, 2024, 05:24:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Legato and LFO retrigger options  (Read 3357 times)

Mr Sulcus

Legato and LFO retrigger options
« on: June 26, 2013, 08:54:56 am »
Hello!
I spent some time reading the posts here before deciding to pick up a Minibrute, and wondered if anyone could help with a bit of a n00b question?

How do the LFO retrigger and envelope legato settings affect the sound? I think I must have missed out using them in conjunction with something else! (RTFM is an acceptable response here btw!)

It's a great synth, really enjoying it and learning how it all fits together.

Thanks in advance

gelder

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Legato and LFO retrigger options
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 08:05:10 am »
LFO Retrigger

This retriggers the LFO everytime a note is played so a consistant sound is heard with every note (the oscillator will restart its cycle every time you hit a note). When it is off the LFO will constantly oscillate independently from note being played. Its easier to hear this with a slower to moderate LFO rates.

Envelope legato

Legato means notes that are tied together. When this is on and you play a note before lifting your finger off the previous note the envelopes will not retrigger. To hear this you will need a sound that has a decent decay time and a distinctive attack phase, then when you play notes "legato" the distinctive attack phase won't be heard.

Mr Sulcus

Re: Legato and LFO retrigger options
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 01:11:39 pm »
Thanks,
I'd tiptoed the musical/technical terms but wanted to hear what difference the options would make and couldn't work out which parameters to alter. This gives me somewhere to start.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines