March 29, 2024, 09:01:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Re: Vocoder?  (Read 4426 times)

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
Re: Vocoder?
« on: June 24, 2013, 04:27:13 pm »
I wasn't able to post a pic of my new vocoder "module" in the General Discussion Origin forum, so here it is (Microkorg XL + connected to Origin line input) ;D

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:28:42 pm by hermitnerd »

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 07:13:23 pm »
Nice!

Can you perhaps post some sound examples from this "duo"?

In fact I have both Microkorg XL and Radias but I have used more Radias for vocoding. I know those two have quite same synth engine so basically you should get similar results with both. Korgs are great for that in general... I just made (and sampled to my Nord Stage) Daft Punk "Get Lucky" robot voice for our cover band. This was made with Radias and Logic FX.

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 03:42:57 am »

Hey JacksonP,
I for sure will post some stuff once I actually record something.

I would be interested in your assessment of the Microkorg XL's sound vs the Radias. I'm very impressed with the things that Korg is doing these days in the analog synth / VA arena. Even more impressed by Arturia - considering that they are a relative newcomer to the synth scene, and a small company, where Korg is huge, has been around for 40+ years and has a massive R&D and manufacturing budget...

One thing  I like about the Microkorg XL is the "less is more" - such a powerful VA synth engine, and wonderful sound design, stuffed into a tiny package with a few knobs/dials.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 09:44:30 am »
Hi hermitnerd!

In fact in my live/studio setup Radias is been mostly replaced with Virus Ti2 Polar which I had to admit is so much modern and more powerful. Still I am glad I kept my Radias. To me it's kind classic and I have strong deep feelings towards it. Heh, I think all of you synth enthusiasts know what kind of strange man-machine relationships can be developed with synths... ;) Microkorg XL is more like a toy to me (it still sounds like real instrument!) which I can take with me everywhere or if I wanna my setup look little funny. Vocoder is another big reason to have those two.

There was a time when I used Microkorg XL to control my Radias. I even posted the picture in my blog (which I am so lazy to update) and wrote few words about those two:
http://synthreviews.blogspot.fi

Compared to Origin one thing is so much better in those two Korgs and I have said it many times here on the forum: preset editing and management with computer app.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines