March 28, 2024, 06:55:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute to MiniMg Model D question  (Read 2942 times)

danthemanmonkey

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Minibrute to MiniMg Model D question
« on: June 12, 2013, 01:07:08 pm »
Ok let me start by saying I'm a musician & not a technician so my below question might be a real simple one  ???

I have hooked my minibrute up with a midi cable so the arpeggiator fires in time with my track & I have then hooked it up to my MiniMg using the gate out to the s-trig input & the pitch out to oscillator input & it is sending pitch signal which is way cool  8) however none of the other sliders on the minibrute seem to affect the minMg so the filters, amp, mix etc.... Can these be used to send signal to the miniMg? Do I need to split the signal from either the pitch out or the gate out to the filter input on the miniMg?

Any help greatly appreciated

danthemanmonkey

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minibrute to MiniMg Model D question
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 01:08:34 pm »
Oh yes & also the pitch appears to be an octave or so higher on the Mg, which is odd????

illintechnology

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • JonnyX and the Groadies web-blag
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 05:10:51 pm »
The Minibrute only sends gate and CV pitch controls via the cv jacks.  The MIDI output contains note, mod wheel and velocity information. If you have a MIDI to CV converter you may be able to use velocity and/or modwheel to control the MiniMg more via CV.
-illintechnology

JX:ATG
groadudes.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/groadies
@jx_atg

danthemanmonkey

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 05:31:27 pm »
Ah ha, thank you for that. I've seen a couple of videos of it firing analogue synths however the Mg one is pitch & gate only & the other one is not a Mg so I guess its just a dream. One of the reasons I got the Minibrute is I believed it was a Midi to CV converter however as mentioned previously I like making music & all the tech stuff is a bit over my head  :-[

Here are the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhVt8x3_Cxs Minibrute & MiniMg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-RvrOowQo here's the other one however having watched it again I believe it has the audio from the analogue synth going back into the Minibrute!!!!

tertior

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 08:18:38 pm »

here's the other one however having watched it again I believe it has the audio from the analogue synth going back into the Minibrute!!!!
Exactly and he play with the brute factor

yusynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 10:55:46 am »
I have then hooked it up to my MiniMg using the gate out to the s-trig input & the pitch out to oscillator input & it is sending pitch signal which is way cool  8) however none of the other sliders on the minibrute seem to affect the minMg so the filters, amp, mix etc.... Can these be used to send signal to the miniMg? Do I need to split the signal from either the pitch out or the gate out to the filter input on the miniMg?
Hi the MiniBrute is not a Surface controller, therefore none of the potentiometer controls can be sent out. The Pitch output only sends keyboard CVs and Arpeggiator CVs, the GATE out sends GATE signal. There you need to convert the GATE signal to be able to use it as expected with a MiniMg D. That is you need a cable that converts V-Trig to S-Trig (the CINCH plug contains a transistor , a diode and a resistor) otherwise the MiniMg will tend to be triggered out of tempo.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines