March 28, 2024, 09:32:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Possible bug: Sysex message locks up Minibrute  (Read 4547 times)

drmoebius

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Possible bug: Sysex message locks up Minibrute
« on: June 16, 2013, 02:00:08 am »
Love my new Minibrute, but think I may have discovered a bug.
I have my MB on the same MIDI chain as a Yamaha TX81Z.  After I send some sysex on that chain (for the TX81Z), the MB no longer plays notes.  It won't respond to MIDI note on or even to its own keyboard.  I have to turn it off and back on to make it usable again. 

I haven't tried sending other sysex messages on that channel yet, but shouldn't sysex messages where the manufacturer ID isn't recognized be ignored? 

I'm attaching an example sysex file that causes the problem.

Wonder if anyone else has encountered this issue...

Thanks for any help!

joja_x

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.ne-production.nu/jyj/
Re: Possible bug: Sysex message locks up Minibrute
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 01:43:20 pm »
Hi! Just got some strange behaviour on my MB after setting up an old DX11. Could be the same thing as you experience, but for me the mod wheel became very strange. But I didn't have time to search for the error yesterday.

And today I found your post :)

I think there is a setting on the DX11 to turn off these syses messages...

drmoebius

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 11:32:21 pm »
Interesting to hear about a similar problem.  Although just to clarify, in my case the sysex isn't coming from the TX81Z.  The sysex is getting to the Minibrute because I have it on the same MIDI connection as the TX81Z, and I sometimes want to send patch data to the TX81Z.  I'm thinking of adding another device or two on the same connection down the road, so I hope the Minibrute will ignore any sysex that I send on the connection that it doesn't recognize.

One might suggest putting the Minibrute on its own connection, but I only have so many midi outputs so I like to share each output among multiple devices that only listen to one or a few channels.  Originally I had the MB connected to the other unit's MIDI Thru.  I thought there was a chance that might be problematic, so as a test I tried connecting directly to the Minibrute, but it still "locked up" when I sent the sysex to that connection.

I'm hoping someone from Arturia will investigate.  It really seems to me like a bug that the Minibrute isn't ignoring the message.

drmoebius

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 04:38:14 pm »
I moved the Minibrute to another connection (this one shared with a Korg X5DR) and encountered the same issue when I sent sysex for the other unit.  Just in case it's helpful for Arturia to troubleshoot, I'm attaching another sysex file.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 10:40:48 am »
Thanks for the feedback and your valuable sysex files. Indeed Minibrute firmware crashes when one of these sysex is received. I will investigate on this soon.

Thanks
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Art1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 02:13:37 pm »
I know that it's an old discussion and I don't know if it works now on MiniBrute, but I have exactly the same problem with MicroBrute. So if this bug is repaired in the MiniBrute firmware, please could it be possible to repaire the MicroBrute firmware as well? I tried it with the last MicroBrute firmware 1.0.4.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines