March 28, 2024, 05:30:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab Keyboard - Using with V Collection ?  (Read 2410 times)

dialtr

Analog Lab Keyboard - Using with V Collection ?
« on: July 02, 2013, 12:12:26 pm »
I have the opportunity to buy an Arturia Laboratory Keyboard (49 keys) without the software for pretty cheap, and I was wondering if this has any kind of automap features that would be useful in the V Collection?  I am interested in the V Collection down the road, and I like the feel of the controller, so if there is an advantage to having an Arturia branded keyboard, I'd like to go for it.  If there is no real advantage, though, I  plan to pass.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: Analog Lab Keyboard - Using with V Collection ?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 03:32:52 pm »
I have the controller with the software.
The keys aren't necessarily the best, but they're not a casio key either.

The controller is built rock solid tough with an alluminum chassis, not a bent on break sheet metal chassis.

Despite the keys not being super high end like the fatar keys/actions that are oem into many brands, they are still very responsive, and the aftertouch is a feature that I've discovered after my purchase with pleases me greatly as I used aftertouch quite a bit on my old keyboard.

My understanding is that if you end up purchasing the V-collection, the automapping will occur by default, ie; adsr will translate automatically.  If I'm wong on this, please, someone else speak up.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines