March 28, 2024, 09:49:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab chord/snapshot query  (Read 4592 times)

avantronica

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Lab chord/snapshot query
« on: June 10, 2013, 02:52:00 pm »
I've just purchased Analog Lab, I have a few of the V instruments - I do not own any arturia hardware, so I was surprised to see that I could not MIDI Map the functions for either snapshots or chords

In the case of chords in particular, it is needlessly difficult to actually mouse-hit the button to *play* a chord (as opposed to *set* the chord) - this is terrible interface design, it is made worse by not being able to assign the 'pads' to a midi controller !

Does this bother anyone else, is there a solution, am I missing something (besides a manual) ?

baconpriest

Re: Analog Lab chord/snapshot query
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 04:00:36 pm »
It bothers me too! No manual is a bit of a pain. The chord pads are pretty unusable without midi mapping, so I hope there is some solution.

encore1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 01:15:01 pm »
hi,

I am interrested by this functionnality too.
By the way where could I found a detailed MIDI chart of the Analog lab software CC codes ?

I managed to (auto)map the knobs/faders from the main panel in my novation SLMKII  controler but could not found how to map knob from the Part1/2 and FXs controls in the "MULTI" mode.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions...
Cheers, eric 

rickyfav

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 02:09:03 am »
+1 for the idea of the chord pads being midi-assignable in the software.

I would also like to suggest the ability to save the chords assigned to the pads as a "chord set".  (currently saved globally which doesn't really suit my needs.)

possible solution for triggering chord pads:

On the mini-lab hardware the chord pads are triggered using midi channel 10 (midi notes 36-43).
If your midi controller/software allows, try sending midi to analog lab with those settings to trigger the software pads.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:14:47 am by rickyfav »

encore1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 07:38:52 am »
Hi rickyfav,

thanks a lot for the "Channel 10" trick. (I will try it this evening)

Cheers, eric

avantronica

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 02:16:49 pm »
The Channel 10 notes *do* work from 36 onwards (usually C2), you can go from 36>51 and cover the whole range of 16 pads

Works well, thanks for the insight

However Arturia if you're listening, i'd still like to have the flexibility of using an assignable CC should I wish (presumably val <64 = off)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines