March 19, 2024, 11:11:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pitch Bend Wheel Dead?  (Read 9465 times)

AndyLoxton1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Pitch Bend Wheel Dead?
« on: June 05, 2013, 03:44:28 pm »
Hi,

It appears that the pitch bend wheel on my minbrute is completely dead, it is having no effect on the sound played. The bend range knob is also having no effect. I have tried the re-calibration procedure, to no avail, so have opened a support ticket (129830).

As an analogue noob, I was wondering if there is anything I may have overlooked that could be causing this behavior?

AndyLoxton1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Pitch Bend Wheel Dead?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 05:14:13 pm »
All fixed. Looks like the calibration didnt work properly, as it fixed the issue this time!! Very prompt response from David on the tech team. First time I have ever had to raise a tech support request & am impressed with the response time!! Thanks Guys!! :)

AndyLoxton1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 05:39:07 pm »
It appears that the pitch bend is again not working & the calibration procedure is not fixing the issue. I have re-flashed the firmware, but still the pitch wheel isnt working?
Any ideas?

Thunderroad75

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 07:37:36 pm »
Have you opened it up to see if the there is a cable loose inside from the pitch wheel?

AndyLoxton1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 07:58:44 pm »
Hi Thunderroad75,

Doesnt appear to be anything loose inside the unit, so have drawn a blank on that one. Strangely, when I turn the Bend range Knob, I get random pitch changes. Pitch works on the LFO section though....thoroughly bewildered!!LOL!

Thunderroad75

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 08:19:30 pm »
If you haven't had it long I would get an exchange from where you purchased it. You paid in good faith for the item and any store with a descent aftercare service will make sure your sorted out.
 Hope you can get it sorted quickly  ;)

AndyLoxton1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 09:00:17 am »
Had it just under a year, I think!! Need to locate & dig out the receipts!! Still havent heard anything from Arturia Support, this time around. Primarily they were good, however this time they are shocking...48+ hours & zero response. Makes you wonder what they're SLA is on support times....a month or so...perhaps!!

Very Poor.

AndyLoxton1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 05:27:01 pm »
The shop I bought it from has agreed to courier the unit to Arturia for repair. I wish I had taken them up on they're original offer of a replacement (as when I got the unit a key weight was rattling around inside it & the wall plug was bent out of serviceability!), but as Minibrutes were hard to get hold of in September last year, I hung onto it!! Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but at least its going to get sorted!!

Thunderroad75

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 10:52:03 pm »
Good to hear your getting it sorted. I don't know if your in the UK but I am and you have certain rights regarding electrical or any goods for that matter must be fit for purpose and last a resonable time, as long as the item is looked after. As an example I purchased an LG TV in December 2009. In January 2011 the screen started to fail. I phoned the shop I purchased it from and was told as it was over 12 months warranty I would have to pay to get it fixed! Wrong answer!....

I contacted trading standards and they told me to write a letter explaining the sale of goods act and the item should last a resonable time and be fit for purpose. Meaning you don't expect to have to replace your TV every year! They gave me a reference number and I sent off the letter.

Low and behold the shop I purchased the TV from picked the TV up and repaired it free of charge  ;D

So it's irellevent if its a TV or a synth YOU HAVE RIGHTS  ;)

AndyLoxton1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 08:46:01 am »
Yeah, I'm in the UK!! Had to do exactly what you are saying when I bought a dreadful akai mpc500 from a shop. The unit had severe issues with midi timing and was generally not fit for purpose. The shop refused to give me a refund, when I sent it back, so I quoted them the trades descriptions act and the sale of goods act in an email to them & lo & behold they refunded my money (Which I went out & bought Spark with lol!!!). Yeah I agree we do have rights, its just a shame that few people exercise them!!! ;)

Got brute withdrawal symptoms already...might have to use the Minitaur to compensate!!! ;D

Thunderroad75

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 06:13:52 pm »
You have minitaur? I'm envious  ;D I thought about buying one but didn't have enough dosh for the brute and the Mg so got the brute purely cos it is more versatile.

AndyLoxton1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 08:13:11 pm »
Yeah (Smug Smile!!!) LOL!! The Brute is definitely more versatile and lends itself to more experimental stuff etc, but c'mon, Mg bass, thats where its at!! Although, it did have its teething issues. Seems stable with the latest os though. Loads of people slate the Minitaur. They say its a sub standard, poor quality Mg that is unstable and cant even do (Sine) sub bass...I just say, its a Mg, it does what it does & if it makes the house shake, then thats enuff bass for me!!! LOL! Thing is though, I originally bought the two to play together via CV, but they just didnt sit happily. So gave up trying to make them!!! So, I then bought a NanoZwerg as the Minibrutes second OSC, and again CV just didnt work properly. Methinks, I had a duff unit from the onset, but we will see as she is off to be repaired as we speak!!! ;D The Nanozwerg is also a really good piece of kit...crap build, but the sound is awesome!!! ;D

Thunderroad75

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 12:08:30 am »
Thats interesting cos about 2 years ago I had an MFB synth 2. Really versatile fully analog synth, build quality poor! Sent it back. I just thought if I hang onto to this for a couple of years it's gonna start falling apart. Real shame cos it did sound very nice.

In 1985 I bought a Mg Prodigy off a school friend of mine for £130. It took 30 mins to get in tune but it sounded so raw and powerful. The oscillator sync sound through my delay pedal sounded incredible. Wish I still had it.  :'(

I waiting for the Novation Bass station 2 to come out. Im gonna sell my DSI evolver desktop soon to pay for it. Great sound but I had the fact it's soooo time comsuming coming up with new sounds. I need knobs god damn it!!!!!!!! oooh errr missus.

AndyLoxton1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 08:42:14 am »
Yeah, MFB do a rather nice looking analog sequencer too, which does keep tempting my wallet, but gauging by the build quality of the Nano, my money stays where it is!! LOL!

I bet you are kicking yourself. You got rid of a legend there. Sounds like the tuning was a pain though!!!

I would have gone for the Bass Station 2 & the new MS20, but figured that these synths have been (Original Bass Station) on loads of records by loads of artists, which got my whole "Innovate dont Emmulate" thing going on in my mind, so I went for the MiniTaur & Brute.

I know what you mean about hands on. I bought a TI Snow when they first came out. Love the sound, but the front panel is so Knob-less that you have to go through the software & create patches ala softsynth, which isnt ideal. Hindsight dictates I should have gone for the Polar or Desktop, I prob will chop it out one day, but am frantically buying compressors currently!! LOL!!:)

Thunderroad75

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 05:39:54 pm »
This is the dogs nuts! http://www.thomann.de/gb/mfb_dominion_x_sed.htm If I had the cash I would definately get this beast. Youtube demos are awesome ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines