March 28, 2024, 08:24:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New Verson of Analog Lab  (Read 35820 times)

potholeskinny

Re: New Verson of Analog Lab
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 05:04:50 am »
Help! Having a problem with the Analog Lab 1.1 update. I am currently using 1.0.4. I would like to upgrade to 1.1. However, when I try to install it (I'm on OS X 10.9.1), I get the following error:

"Analog Lab 1.0.5 or earlier is required to install this update. Please install Analog Lab 1.0.5."

I would gladly update to 1.0.5 first, but I can't find it available on the Arturia website.

Help!!!!!

fivefathom

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 09:09:28 am »
Same problem here! I would love to use this software on a regular basis, and hoping this update brings some stability to a great software package.

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 09:29:57 am »
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:23:25 am by kickwizard »

Real Soon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 06:11:05 pm »
If you're like me and like to read software release notes in detail before committing to the installation update, go to http://www.arturia.com/evolution/assets/images/products/Analog_Lab/WhatsNewInAnalogLab1.1.pdf.

I think I'll wait for some early reactions as well....

Dennis Chekaldin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: New Version of Analog Lab
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2014, 08:06:54 am »
Hi, Arturia

Just installed Analog Lab version 1.1 and updated the firmware on my Keylab 61 controller to version 1.33
Good job on making the preset names viewable on the LCD display and the vertical faders working better.
The standalone app works well, you can browse and choose the presets without almost any lags or glitches on the LCD.

But did you test the VST or AU versions of the software? Similar to the first versions of the Analog Laboratory the VST and AU plugins are slow and buggy, and that is in Ableton Live 9.1 on a 15 inch Retina MacBook Pro 1.8 GHz Intel core i7 16GB RAM running on Mac OS X 10.9.1.

What seems to be the most surprising paradox is that the standalone app works without the obvious issues in browsing presets and adjusting the parameters of a patch.
What's the problem with making the plugin versions of the software work in the same manner as the standalone app and when will you get this fixed?
Appreciate the controller and the patches, but maybe it's time you got the VST and AU's browsing and adjustments working properly, especially since you're regularly updating the software?

Also, in the update manual of the 1.33 firmware you have the instructions to the version prior to the Midi Control Center 1.0 release.

Would be terrific if you also solved several of these other issues:
- A nice addition would be an update to the software which would make it fully graphically compatible with retina displays.
- Did you think about adding the KeyLabs and Analog Laboratories as default control surfaces in Ableton, so that at least the transport buttons would be mapped correctly?
- Maybe clean up the forum a bit from spam threads?

emueyes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 06:40:33 am »
I have a copy of AL 1.5.2, is this a real product, it downloaded from here.

Another question. When I play notes too quickly with my minilab, using the piano / Prophet v5 notes, i get a repetition, that is, if i play three notes, 4 will sound. It doesn't do it with single notes or with two notes. I'm really hoping that AL will fix this, and the numerous crashes etc

vaikl

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 09:34:51 pm »
I have a copy of AL 1.5.2, is this a real product, it downloaded from here.

Don't confuse the old Analog Laboratory software (1.5.2) with the actual Analog Lab software (it's now on 1.2.2.47)

emueyes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 04:50:09 am »

Thanks for clearing up the AL mixup. But...

I just ran the Arturia Software Centre and without even asking it started a download. That got about 3/4 of the way through, then it told me I don't have permissions to run the Updater.exe for Software Manager. Now when I run Software manager, it crashed as mentioned above, and tells me vital files are missing, please reinstall. Ananlog Lab still runs OK. I imagine running the Software Centre as Administrator would fix it, but also would like to know if that's usual behaviour. I'm running Win7 64bit  btw. SO if I cant run the Manage App program, how do i keep the system fresh with updates? I found the hard way when setting this up that if I download and install AL, it doesn't get recognised by the Sotware Manager.

I already have 1.2.1.18, is installing 1.2.2 actually worth it ? There are two bugs driving me nuts. 1) it crashes at random, usually when starting a new instance of File Explorer and 2) the Prophet Piano sound plays too many notes, that is, if i hit a key 3 times quickly, it will play 4 notes.Sorry, I know this's a bit OT, but am interested to know if the slightly newer version of AL will fix my problems.

Sorry about the rather long post

Rob
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:07:06 am by emueyes »

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 09:45:45 pm »
I know for a while there was a bug in Pro Tools 12 when opening up an instance of Analog Lab, and the recommendation was to open up individual instances of the synths from V-Collection 3 as a work around.

Now Pro Tools has upgraded further, and while I know that my current version of Pro Tools is now compatible with El Capitan OS, I'm not yet sure if the bug in PT has been remedied from Arturia's end yet.

Can anyone provide clarification please?
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines