March 29, 2024, 07:58:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi not being transmitted from SparkLE VST plugin  (Read 5715 times)

Dedgood

Midi not being transmitted from SparkLE VST plugin
« on: May 29, 2013, 01:42:12 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to use SparkLE as a VST plugin with Cubase 5 to capture data onto a midi track. I've created an instrument channel and added a MIDI track to record data from SparkLE onto. I've assigned the midi in on the midi track to SparkLE and set the preferences in SparkLE to transmit midi sequencer data. So I press play and....nothing. It doesn't transmit any midi data at all. If I hit the pads that data is transmitted even though the pad data option in preferences is disabled. All I'm trying to do is get a bassline from SparkLE into cubase to play it on an external synth. I'm using SparkLE 1.6.1.1 OS. I can't see what I'm doing wrong, anyone got any ideas?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Midi not being transmitted from SparkLE VST plugin
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 09:16:12 am »
Hi,
first you have to disable SparkLE MIDI port in Cubase MIDI Preferences, I guess the data you are currently recording come from the controller not the plugin.
Then, make sure you have created Spark plugin using Cubase "VST Intrument" window (Devices->VST Intruments).
It does not work when you create an instrument track.
Then create a MIDI track and choose Spark (the plugin not the controller) as MIDI input.

Kevin
Soft Arturia

nostrez

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Midi not being transmitted from SparkLE VST plugin in Cubase
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 03:37:44 am »
Hi Dedgood,

I use SparkLE v1.6.1 and controller v.1.0.0.7 as a VST in Cubase 7.04 and it works like a charm. I record midi in Cubase by using my SparkLE controller.

In addition to Kevin's guide:
In Cubase I went to Device setup and then in Midi port set up, for SparkLE Windows Midi I unticked the boxes visible and "in all midi
Then in VST Instruments I opened Spark VST in slot no 3 (or whatever slot you prefer)
Finally I created a new midi channel and selected:
3 - Spark - Midi Out
3 - Spark - Midi In

I  also activated all 16 ports by clicking on the little box with a right arrow within in VST instruments because it is only 1 by default.
Then in SparkLE mixer (Select + step pad 6) you can change the output ports from master (1) to separates channels per one or more pads / sounds (2-16) in Cubase.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,

nostrez

Bodyofs

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Midi not being transmitted from SparkLE VST plugin
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 06:38:00 am »
Hi everyone,

"I  also activated all 16 ports by clicking on the little box with a right arrow within in VST instruments because it is only 1 by default.
Then in SparkLE mixer (Select + step pad 6) you can change the output ports from master (1) to separates channels per one or more pads / sounds (2-16) in Cubase."

How it influe on record midi track? I can't understand.

I still have same problem to record midi with Spark CDM, I deactivate Spark unused midi ports. And in midi track I choose Spark midi in and midi out as result device play midi track but can't record it. Maybe it should be some setting in Spark?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines