March 28, 2024, 10:09:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: some problems with my new Spark LE  (Read 3543 times)

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
some problems with my new Spark LE
« on: October 28, 2013, 11:28:00 am »
Hi everybody!

sorry if my english isn't perfect. I'm from germany, but i try to explain my problems as good as i can.

i've bought the Spark LE a few days ago. Awesome! But there are a few problems. I guess the software isn't running correct on Win8.1?

on the first - i can't open the Library ??? Everytime i click on the Library button or try to open it with the shortcut on the controller, the system crashes and has to be closed and restarted. I'm running spark on a HP Pavillion g7: Win8.1, quad-Core i7, 8gb RAM, 3,1 GHz multithread-CPU. i think my Computer should handle the software pretty good, so there shouldn't be any crashes...

2. encoder acceleration has no effect. i changed the acceleration from slow to fast but there is no difference. it's a bit annoying if i want to change a parameter from 0 to 100 and therefore i have to turn the knobs around 3 or 4 times.

3. system update doesn't work. the controller is installed correct. every function in the soft- and the hardware are working good. connection between the software and the controler is successful everytime i start the program. but when i click on "update spark" i get the error-message that the spark controller isn't connected ???

installed the software a few times - everytime there are those problems. has anybody an idea what to do?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: some problems with my new Spark LE
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 01:32:26 pm »
Hi i can only answer number 3. for you .and that is you have sparkle  and not spark so it will not update the firmware  you need to use the sparkle firmware updater
try here ; http://www.arturia.com/downloads/SparkLE/fw_update/

as with the other problems i'm sure ben or kevin can help you.

regards

terry
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 02:08:40 pm »
thanks for the fast answer.

i'm not at home right now, but i'll try it later. also found a link for updating the software. maybe i got an older version which doesn't work correct on win8. i'll update everything and try it again. hope it works after all

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 05:46:42 pm »
ok i've installed the latest driver and tried version 1.7.1 and now the beta 1.7.2 of spark. still the same problems.

knobs speed makes no difference if slow, normal or fast.

if i want to open the library there comes the message that spark has to be shut down.  :-\

Any ideas?

I wrote an e-mail on sunday to the technical support and also made an official request to the technical support via the homepage over my arturia-account. I don't even have a request-ticket number. Other companys are faster in such questions. I have a few products from novation - when you start a request there, you get instantly an answer and someone takes care about your problems... i realy like the spark. i paid for it and so i want to use ALL the functions and not only a few. If Aruria doesn't care, i think about giving the spark back to the shop.  >:(

i think i can expect at least a ticket-number within 2 days, when i have a problem. Or is that too much?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:55:40 am by Jay Bits »

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 04:14:45 pm »
The best way to debug your problem is to have your dump file after a crash.
Follow those steps :
- After the crash go to task manager (right click on the clock)
- Go to process
- Right click on Sparkle.exe and select "create dump file"
This dump file could be quite big. You can upload it via this  :
http://1fichier.com/
Post us the link toward the dump file.
Thanx again !
Best
.......testing.......

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 06:19:24 pm »
i'm sorry to tell, i tried once again to uninstall 1.7.2 and reinstall the version 1.7.1 and suddenly everything works.
that was the 5th time i installed spark and now it works. library and also the knobs speed. i don't know how this happened.

kind of emberassing after making such a lot trouble to you.  ::) sorry for that.

so i guess after i reinstalled the program the dump file is useless so far? but i'll remember this if the problem occurs again. or do you want the dump file anyway?

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 09:35:27 am »
Nice if it works !
Maybe something went wrong during your install ?
.......testing.......

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 10:00:24 am »
The installation went through till the end without any failure messages. And as I said - I installed it a few times.
But the CD needed realy realy long to load (about 2-3 minutes) until my computer loaded the autorun. Maybe the Disc wasn't OK...

Well that all doesn't mather anymore, because its working. I love it. Couldn't put it away for hours! I've tried a lot of drumcomputers and also software but to me this is the best thing i ever had in my hands.  ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines