March 28, 2024, 11:31:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to trigger patterns from piano roll  (Read 5762 times)

Hatesonion

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How to trigger patterns from piano roll
« on: May 15, 2013, 01:07:29 am »
Hi.  I'm using fl studio 10'. From piano roll I can trigger drums but not patterns.  If there a way to assign note to run the patterns in that preset?  Thanks

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: How to trigger patterns from piano roll
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 08:17:05 am »
You have to assign MIDI notes to the pattern/bank buttons.
Ctrl+Click on the button then choose the MIDI note number.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Seb

• Tech-Support
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 10:16:31 am »
Note that I think there is a bug with the SparkLE GUI for this : It seems that you can't cmd+click on pattern buttons with the SparkLE GUI.

If it doesn't work for you either, just select the Spark Creative GUI from the Preferences panel in Spark, and you should be able to choose MIDI note numbers for the 16 pattern buttons and the 4 bank buttons.

Hatesonion

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 01:36:13 pm »
Thanks going to the creative GUI enabled the midi learn..

I guess for banks.. I need to just assign a note for the bank.. Then another note for the pattern or will it use the same note in the first bank to move patterns?

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 01:34:12 am »
It never occurred to me to try switching patterns from the piano roll in that manner.  I've been trying how figure out the best way to use Spark inside FL Studio.  For compositional purposes, may I ask why you would take this approach versus dragging the MIDI pattern from Spark to FL Studio's piano roll?

Hatesonion

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 02:41:50 am »
Hi.. I didn't know I could do that.  I just did a song using the pattern method and it worked great..   

Do I just drag the pattern to get the midi notes. That would give me more control over note velocity etc..

Seb

• Tech-Support
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 09:16:20 am »
I guess for banks.. I need to just assign a note for the bank.. Then another note for the pattern or will it use the same note in the first bank to move patterns?

You need 4 notes for banks, 16 for patterns (works with all banks). You only need 20 notes total.

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 04:20:17 pm »
Hi.. I didn't know I could do that.  I just did a song using the pattern method and it worked great..   

Do I just drag the pattern to get the midi notes. That would give me more control over note velocity etc..

Yes;  In the preferences section in the MIDI import/export section there is a "Pattern Drag&Drop Export mode in Library setting" (as well as in the Library panel) that lets you set an option to export to a MIDI or WAV file.  (WAV file export doesn't work in 1.6.1 and the bug has been submitted).  After you set the preference setting, you just drag the pattern from Spark to FL Studio's Channel Window.  There is also an option in the Library panel to export the MIDI file and name it to your desktop or whatever.

The "Send MIDI from Sequencer" and "Send MIDI from Pads" options sound like the most ideal scenario, but it seems you can't record MIDI information generated directly from a plugin inside FL Studio.  I tried sending MIDI out from Spark to a second instance of Spark, but I was either doing that wrong or it just didn't work.  I haven't tried a virtual MIDI port yet.  I was able to send the MIDI information from Spark and record the information through another VST, but I didn't bother checking its accuracy since I wasn't satisfied with that method as a workaround.  The best way I've found so far is the drag & drop the MIDI pattern to FL Studio (and turn off the host & tempo in Spark's toolbar).

dancetech

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 11:29:41 pm »
You have to assign MIDI notes to the pattern/bank buttons.
Ctrl+Click on the button then choose the MIDI note number.

ah cool, didnt know that.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines