October 20, 2017, 02:59:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniLab Knobs Workaround (Ableton)  (Read 284 times)

bloo

• Apprentice
MiniLab Knobs Workaround (Ableton)
« on: March 18, 2017, 04:48:42 am »
Hi all,

I don't know if anyone else has posted the below but I am one of the many who have been having issues with the knobs behaving in a weird manner. Yes, everything is updated, yes, I've read the manuals, I even uninstalled, re-installed software, packages, DAWs, but bottom line they don't work as intended. So I started trying all sorts of different settings just to make it work. This has only been tested on my end on Win7, in Ableton 9.7.1 on both native VSTs and 3rd party VSTs within the Ableton environment.

Long story short, I created a new template and switched the knobs' option values from Absolute to Relative#2 and then stored that to every memory. I know it doesn't make sense when you read the manual but for some reason it works. I stored the change in all memories apart from the one which is read only, so the issue is that although shift+2 to 8 work, shift+1 goes back to the global Absolute value and all knobs start acting up again.

Again I don't know if this has been mentioned, I know this is not an optimum solution but at least if anyone is going to use this for the time being or if that will help any of the developers to figure out where the issue might be, here is my feedback. Also, in my case, this has been like this since day one I bought Minilab Black Edition, which is around a year now.

In the meantime if anyone else has to offer any better solution, or somewhere a fix has been mentioned that I might have missed, feedback is more than welcome.

leo.nerd

Re: MiniLab Knobs Workaround (Ableton)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 11:35:53 pm »
Hi,

thanks for posting this - it didn't solve my problem which is that the knobs don't do anything in Ableton - the mapping of these knobs don't work, they're completely non responsive. They work fine in Logic. I followed the solution explained in this forum post but no luck. Has anyone managed to make this work?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines