April 18, 2024, 12:25:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SparkLE iOS App?  (Read 3835 times)

AfxTwn

SparkLE iOS App?
« on: April 19, 2013, 08:20:51 pm »
I just watched the YT video showcasing this fantastic machine and I'm really interested in getting one. Just wondered if there are any plans on releasing an iPad app of the software? I don't have a laptop and make most of music on my PC. I've recently bought an iPad along with a million apps and I'm thinking of using this for live performances. I think being able to use the SparkLE connected to the iPad would be fantastic.

Even greater still would be the ability to use any such app with Audiobus.

Please tell me you have plans for this??

stevism

• Beta-testers
Re: SparkLE iOS App?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 04:24:21 am »
i also think this would be awesome...

i can just imagine putting my ipad/iphone underneath my spark, and pretending my spark is standalone :)

i might even but an ipod touch just for that reason actually

kcearl

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 12:22:38 pm »
i also think this would be awesome...

i can just imagine putting my ipad/iphone underneath my spark, and pretending my spark is standalone :)

i might even but an ipod touch just for that reason actually

Splashtop is a good app for controlling everything on your PC/laptops screen, of course it means still having the program open

I have imaschine and impc but theyre both toys, there seems to be a fear from companies that if they make the app too good that its take sales away from the main prodct, which i think is nonsense, i think theyd add value...its not as if weve ditched our DAWs for Nano Studio and Beatmaker 2...i also own a few $50 apps, thats pretty decent revenue

Anyway check splashtop if you want to get away from your mouse...

AfxTwn

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 02:18:06 pm »
It's not so much getting away from the mouse as not having to use a laptop when I'm out and about. I like the way you can just play with the Spark and get ideas down but the software still needs a laptop for mobile use. I think being able to use the same software on an iPad as an app would make it an even more workable while on the move. I often take my iPad with a few other gadgets such as Kaoss Pads and Korg Monotribe etc to a friends house etc for making music or just jamming and I like the ultra-portability of all these devices.

Something like the SparkLE would fit right in with that and allow me to make some great drum patterns for some improv playing and would fit in my bag along with my other bits and pieces. I think an app version of the software would be great and there are lots of great iOS products such as the Korg iElectribe which can do a similar thing to the Spark.

kcearl

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 04:23:10 pm »
I dont think its going to happen, sparks software can pretty cpu intensive on regular PCs, it would kill an ipad, let alone everything else...like having enough bus power for a controller etc

A cut down version that could be used as a sketchpad wouldnt be a stretch of the imagination though

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines