March 29, 2024, 03:49:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Those stuck notes are still here Arturia  (Read 12891 times)

orionthehunter1971

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Those stuck notes are still here Arturia
« on: April 17, 2013, 12:00:16 am »
As mentioned by others and myself before the update the App is un- useable using a Midi Keyboard due to Notes within the App sticking this hasn't been fixed sadly :( I have tried 2 Keyboards same on both.

Anyone else still getting this problem? is there a fix? am I missing something perhaps?

Bit lost here as I have been waiting for the update thinking it would solve the issue and now more waiting and being hopefull with no idea if it will ever be playable via keyboards/midi. ::)

orionthehunter1971

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Those stuck notes are still here Arturia
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 12:38:21 pm »
Any help would be nice?

Ipad 3 - Camera Connection Kit - Keystation 49 Midi Keyboard

Latest Ios update and Imini update.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 01:16:07 pm by orionthehunter1971 »

Scott Murrell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 12:10:14 am »
---The update didn't do anything for my iMIni except now it's slower and still crashes on saving new presets. >:(

orionthehunter1971

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 12:26:06 pm »
If this was a purchase from a local shop I would of been banging at the doors for a refund by now.

The help on here is amazing  :o

mrufino1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 04:07:43 am »
---The update didn't do anything for my iMIni except now it's slower and still crashes on saving new presets. >:(

Hmmm, I used imini on 2  4 hour gigs this weekend with no issues, controlled by irig keys. it seems solid here now. I saved new presets, had it running int he background while irealb was running, no issues. i hope it stays that way now that I said it!

Scott Murrell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 03:39:14 pm »
---Best of luck...

Ats

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 04:18:56 pm »
orionthehunter1971
 I'm also using a iPad 3 all latest updates i have used the camera connection kit with a Akai  LPK25 with no issues like stuck notes. Most of the time i use the iRig Midi and a Fatar Studio 610 no issues there either.
Since the update i have to say all my iMini usage has been rock solid. I wonder if maybe you have a software conflict somewhere in your system.

I know its a pain but it might not hurt to try restoring your ipad to factory setting and the apps you use 1 by 1  to see if that helps, at least if it does turn out to be some sort of conflict you can narrow it down by saying ok it worked fine until i loaded this.. Just a  last resort suggestion.

orionthehunter1971

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 03:31:28 am »
Hi Ats,  sadly after trying all your suggested options it still sticks like Jam for me, must be something to do with the Midi Keyboard? I'll try again later with my old KAWAI K1 through it's Midi.

Thanks for the help/reply anyway

James

sp0bjogu

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 10:54:56 pm »
Anyone else still getting this problem? is there a fix? am I missing something perhaps?

Still stuck notes here as well with iMini 1.1 on iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3, Apple camera kit and Akai LPK25 keyboard. Hoping for a fix in iMini 1.2. Arturia, are you listening?

gerardmarkjohnson

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 01:40:20 pm »
Yep, same here. iPad2 plus Akai Synthstation 49, hanging notes every 30 seconds of play or so. I've assigned one of the momentary buttons on the Synthstation to switch the poly mode on and off - tapping that clears the stuck note but it's not really useable other than as a toy yet. Shame, because the synth engine sounds great. 

gerardmarkjohnson

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 02:17:54 pm »
However running MidiBridge on the iPad and connecting through that seems to solve the problem. I have heard in the past that there's something dicey about the Core Midi implementation on the Synthstation 49, I suppose this is just another example.

Malmc02

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 08:32:19 pm »
I have tried a few different USB controllers and have the same problem as others with dropouts and stuck notes, using the camera adapter cable and a USB cable plugged directly into my Maudio 61es and key station 88.

The issue has to do with the signals coming from the keyboards and the data that the mini app must contend with. To pare down the signal to a simple streamlined transmission without garbage and other data the the app tends to choke on, I switched over to a midisport UNO 1x1 and an old Roland xv88 synth. Works like a champ, mostly due to the midisport, which seems to smooth things out, even for other apps that were acting screwy with the raw midi signals coming from the Roland when using other cheap USB midi cables. Midisport UNO was a good fix for me.

Would be great if someone finds a USB cable that likewise smooths things out, or if the app gets updated with a filter or more robust midi processor.

This works perfectly with this app, with my Roland keyboard.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/m-audio-usb-uno-1x1-midi-interface
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:38:42 pm by Malmc02 »

orionthehunter1971

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 07:22:45 pm »
'Midisport UNO' do you need to run it through a powered USB Hub/Camera Connection Kit?

Thanks

haj

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 11:49:25 pm »
Hi new imini user here. I also have the stucked note problem with iRig, iPad2 (OS latest). Note stucks every once in a while. I can't seem to narrow the possible cause to reproducible situation, tho. I might suspect glide / decay but not sure. Hope this issue is in their hope and it'll be sorted out soon.

orionthehunter1971

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 12:10:17 pm »
 haj, Could be a long wait as I have waited for Arturia to fix this issue since the day of release.

To say I am un impressed is the biggest understatement since someone sais 'Arturia's support is bad'.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines