March 19, 2024, 12:31:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Copy protection - a handicap  (Read 4296 times)

danglin

Copy protection - a handicap
« on: May 27, 2006, 09:10:01 pm »
I have been an Arturia customer for years, and have purchased Storm, MiniMg, CS80, ARP 2600, Mg Modular I and II, and now Prophet V. I am an honest customer. Now I cannot even run the plugins that I need to run together because of your pathetic USB dongle that won't let me run even the standalone without the dongle involved. I have my only USB ports occupied with other mandatory peripherals. Using a hub has created problems with my setup. In addition, the Arturia site won't let me even register Prophet V, saying that I have provided the wrong license number, copied directly from the card provided.  
I use Ableton Live and Tracktion. I have experienced crashes on load/plugin initialization with error dialogs in Tracktion related to the dongle protection. You have destroyed a nice idea (Prophet V) with a pathetic and restricting implementation of copy protection. Why not employ methods similar to other companies who have employed dongles- requiring only periodic attachment of the dongle (e.g., time or use based)? This lets us use our software and hardware efficiently and without the burdensome and restrictive use of dongles.  This experience will make me think twice about any future Arturia purchases.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines