March 28, 2024, 04:33:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: can't select patches inside Sonar  (Read 2669 times)

BongSong

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
can't select patches inside Sonar
« on: May 20, 2014, 06:14:58 pm »
Hello,

I am completely blind and use Jaws screen reader to use a computer. Furthermore  I live by myself so I often need help with my studio, and in this case, help with using my Analog Labratory as a VSTI inside Sonar 8.5.3.

As it is with another user on this forum, my Analog Labatory works great in stand-alone mode. It has issues, I think, when used as a VSTI though. But since I am blind, it might simply be that I don't have things configured properly.

When I insert analog labratory as a soft synth, it loads a default sound I guess you could call it. I am able to tweak that sound using the two rows of 5 knobs and 9 sliders. However that is all I can do. The two "select buttons and two knobs" (as used in stand-alone mode to change patches/instruments) do not work while used as a VSTI inside Sonar. What am I doing wrong?

I can't figure out why they don't work. And being blind, I can't tell if these select buttons/knobs are represented as graphics inside Sonar? But that sort of doesn't make sense since I am able to tweak the sound using the beforementioned set of knobs and sliders. Doesn't make sense why you could tweak an existing sound via the Arturia keyboard but can't select different patches/instruments as well.

I understand that this might be a bit challenging to help a blind person but any help would be most appreciated. I have had this Aturia keyboard hardware/software for several years and haven't been able to set it up to my satisfaction. I love these sounds.

I am using windows 7 64bit.
AMD six-core processor
16gb ram
bla bla.
Thanks,

James

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines