March 28, 2024, 08:48:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: do I HAVE TO get the controller?  (Read 3302 times)

starbearer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
do I HAVE TO get the controller?
« on: March 27, 2013, 01:49:20 am »
so... I have an akai controller that I use for everything. I love using it on the arturia synths. But now I come to where I'd like to use my controllers knobs to control the knobs found on the standalone Spark program. There is no "midi learn" function that I can find so I'm guessing the knobs in the software are either hard assigned to specific midi control inputs. OR... its designed to only respond to the Spark hardware controller. I really hope this isn't the case, but I'm hoping someone can tell me for sure. I want to use Spark, but I don't want to have to get another controller to control the software's knobs when I have a controller that has tons of assignable knobs and faders already.

you dig?

I'd love it if an actual Arturia employee could respond to this so I don't have to second guess. Thanks so much.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: do I HAVE TO get the controller?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 08:23:16 am »
Hi,
did you try Ctrl+Click (Windows) or Cmd+Click (Mac) on the knob you want to assign?

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

starbearer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 11:42:43 pm »
dude sweet!! thanks I'll try that!!!

And while I have the attention of a moderator... just one more question and I'll be done. Is it possible to load my own samples into the Spark's library?

I've created my own drum samples which I'd love to play out through the Spark if possible.

I wonder if a sampler type standalone synth would be cool to create at some point? I guess it wouldn't be much of a analog modeling plugin, but there's things that the old vintage sampler did sonically that the newer "pristine sounding 64bit" stuff won't do.

I suppose there's probably something like that already out there, but I can see Arturia creating a really sweet sampler with some analog synth modeling filters and such.

But yeah... back to my last question... can I load samples into the Spark?

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 08:33:40 am »
loading samples into the spark is a huge part of it  ;D

it's really easy to make custom kits, you drag and drop them in. you can layer them to stack, trigger by velocity order, or randomly trigger. you can adjust each sample that makes up that pad individually

it's really a lot of fun making kits, i don't use the VA that much ever

kcearl

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 02:42:59 pm »
totly...I liked playing around with VDM for a few weeks but its nothing when compared to the full software and hardware....then it really opens up when you start to build your own kits...start with goldbaby and wave alchemy, even the free stuffs excellent

first time in a wee while that Ive woke in the morning and wanted to immediately switch something on other than the kettle ;)

mpc60champ

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 12:38:35 am »
The best way to setup sounds for access without looking at the PC screen is record and chop sounds ahead of time. Then build the kit / project. Save the project. Then use the browser knob for individual hits. I like to jam in the dark with my gear and being able to browse sounds with the big knob once the projects are organized makes the creative process much easier. I also map my sounds in the same location. That way I can have my set patterns for the projects and slowly start replacing drums without looking at the screen.

starbearer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 01:45:05 am »
I think I'll come back to the Spark some other time. Right now I'm happy with the synths. I just got Albeton live and the sampler there is exactly what I need right now for percussion. When I need some classic drum machines sounds I'll totally come back to the spark for that. Right now I'm into field recording different sounds and using them for drums stuff, which you need a badass sampler for.

I know this is a different topic for a different arturia page but I can't say enough about the 2600, the cs-80, the miniMg... playing them through my Black Lion Audio Sparrow DAC and my Modded KRK's... shakes my whole house. Amazing.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines