March 28, 2024, 04:33:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Windows XP user unable to load Arturia V Standalone or VST  (Read 5382 times)

Mandala

My PROBLEM with the Arturia Prophet V is that I cannot use the VST or Standalone versions of the program without crashing my computer running Windows XP.  Thankfully, I am able to use the Arturia Prophet V DXi plug-in which I run with Sonar 5 as a host.  If I didn't have Sonar 5 or another hosting program that could run the DXi, I would be unable to use the Arturia Prophet V at all.

I have been in contact with the Arturia Tech Support but they have not been able to tell me what to do to fix my problem.  They say that I am the only user who has reported experiencing these crashes when attempting to load the VST and Standalone versions of Prophet V.  I suspect the "Device Driver Errors" I am getting have to do a bug in the Syncrosoft dongle software. But I am not sure that the dongle is the problem in that I also run the Korg Legacy Digital Edition which also uses a license in my Syncrosoft dongle.  The Korg plug ins work fine.

I have about 20 other VST's that I run without any problems.  (I have a Pentium 4 PC with a Gigabyte of memory and I am using Prophet V version 1.1.)

I will report any progress I make in resolving my VST and Standalone loading problem here at the Arturia Prophet V forum.  If anyone wants to be forwarded my entire back and forth emails to Arturia Tech Support, send me an email.

Mandala

rictheobscene

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.ghettoanalogue.com
Windows XP user unable to load Arturia V Standalone or VST
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 09:08:17 pm »
Install the latest version of the Syncrosoft drivers.

Also, what sound card are you using.

As for the VST version and Sonar, it doesn't work. The problem lies with Sonar's VST Adapter, and I have reproduced it with Sonar 4 PE, Sonar 5 PE, and Project 5 version 2.

I have used the VST version of the plug in Cubase, Live, Acid Pro 6, Tracktion, Energy XT, and V-Stack without incident.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines