March 19, 2024, 04:58:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: iMini problem  (Read 8925 times)

Scott Murrell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
iMini problem
« on: March 08, 2013, 03:39:04 pm »
I wrote in about this a while back and Kevin said they'd look into it but no word after several weeks. I have this great sounding synth and can't use it! How do I get help with this?

bytex666

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: iMini problem
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 03:10:30 pm »
I think we/Arturia need a little more info to help you..you say it's a great sounding synth, but you can't use it? How can't you use it, if you already know it sounds great?

Scott Murrell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 03:28:35 pm »
---I gave all of this information to Kevin but here it is again and not being able to use it and still being able to listen to it are really different things aren't they? Okay here goes again:
1--I own an iPad 2 w/64 gigs
2--I close all other apps before trying to use this
3--I use the Griffin midi interface (the iPad docks in it, recharges, has midi, and stereo outs)
4--If the iMini isn't connected to midi it kind of works fine but...once you save a sound and then hit load it crashes and you have to reboot the app. (evidently I'm not unique in this happening)
5--If connected to midi it takes a few tries to get it to work (I use this interface with Garageband, Sampletank,AniMg, etc...with no problems!) then if I don't use the app for a few minutes it crashes giving this overmodulated noise so you have to unplug the midi and start over.

I can't use the app because I need to use it with a midi keyboard but I can hear the sounds when it's not connected to the mid I need to trigger the sounds with...

p.s.- thanks for responding
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:30:28 pm by Scott Murrell »

mrufino1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 06:42:41 pm »
I would like to echo Scott's post, I am having the same issue and we have discussed it on KVR, but I haven't had a chance to put in a formal request. I used imini live at 2 gigs and was getting the crashing issue on the way to the gig when customizing some presets for my needs (bass!). During the gigs, I was getting stuck notes (why did Ab have to get stuck on a song in G?!), and sometimes non-responsiveness, using a novation xio connected through the CCK. imini sounds amazing through a PA system and is perfect for my synth bass needs, as long as it is stable. I hope that some attention is paid to fix the issues of stability. The other requests for audiobus, etc, are important to me as well but first and foremost I'd liek to see it stable when creating and saving presets as well as consistently responding well to midi. I am more than happy to test anything for you. Thanks.

Scott Murrell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 11:38:54 pm »
---Amen!!!

ZenLizard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 03:36:59 pm »
  — as of the update, I am not experiencing this problem any more. Everything seems to be running great in stand-alone and in Tabletop modes. :D

The "overmodulated sound" that Scott described is one of the problems that shows up in TableTop also. If you are working with another device — iMPC, for example, and switch to imini and press a key, a GOD-AWFUL noise comes out of imini. If you change to another imini patch, the imini seems to reset, and then you can return to your original imini patch and it sounds fine. If you go back to iMPC or another device and then return to imini, it happens again. Then TableTop crashes.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:44:47 pm by ZenLizard »
In order for people to believe something, it doesn't have to be logical. It only has to sound that way.

Scott Murrell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 12:07:19 am »
---After downloading the new soundbank referred to in another post and seeing just how great this synth sounds it make is it doubly bad that the customer service sucks so bad. You people should be proud of the app and ashamed of how you're neglecting it and your customers...

Seb

• Tech-Support
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 09:42:25 am »
Scott, the app was released about two weeks ago. Is it the first time you try out a product which has bugs in its version 1.0???

I mean... I see some activity from Arturia and Retronyms on this board, mentions of an upcoming update, maybe you could show a bit of patience here : What is the point posting your issue in all the topics of this forum, and sending so much hate? If the only issue you have is that you can't perfectly save a preset, and that when you don't use the app for a few minutes you have to reboot it, then there is a lot you can actually do with this app, that you should try and enjoy instead of complaining endlessly here!

just my 2 cents...

Scott Murrell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 02:32:29 pm »
Seb...you might try reading the post rather than commenting on them. The app has issues, other new apps have issues and that's understandable but when you ask for help and get blown off that's not cool. The saving issue isn't the only or the most pressing problem... ::)

P.s.- Seb...where does it mention upcoming updates? I missed that thread...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 03:39:48 pm by Scott Murrell »

Scott Murrell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 04:36:32 pm »
---Well no update and no response back from the developer, anyone holding their breath?  >:(

mrufino1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 04:22:52 am »
If you use the app to play live (I try to), then the app needing to be rebooted if not using for several minutes or having stuck notes is very bad and does in fact make this awesome sounding synth unusable. I leave nlog pro unattended for a long time while playing bass guitar and it plays right away when i need synth bass for a song. I have no doubt that the issues CAN be fixed, I just hope they DO get fixed. Especially since the app just doubled in price. The lack of developer response is disheartening in light of the fact that so many iOS developers are super responsive.

Until it does get fixed though, imini remains "promising" but not there yet. I hope it gets there because through a big PA...wow.

Scott Murrell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 03:25:16 am »
--I agree....

lazercrotch

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 05:00:36 am »
I'm trying to use the iMini app with my iPad mini. It crashes every time I press load after I have saved a patch. I am not using midi or tabletop or any other apps while this is happening. It's very frustrating!  :-\

Scott Murrell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 09:40:14 pm »
---They know about this and other problems and obviously couldn't care less by their silence. I don't care how tempting any new products might be this is my last Arturia product, their synths have so much potential but their customer service really sucks! >:(

garykahn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 11:13:13 pm »
Sorry guys but I have to giggle... using a $10 app on a gig and expecting it to perform like a $4,000 synth... Now that's special.
Apparently you've never written a computer application.  If you did, you'd know that being on the bleeding edge is not that great. Give the developers some time to fix things. They probably haven't responsed because they are working on a fix or trying to understand what the problem is and what's causing it.  Relax! and don't be so hostile to the Arturia guys that are advancing the Mg environment to the iPad. Cut them some slack. I'm sure they want satified customers. Other than these glitches, it's a great product for the money; and you can not get any cheaper than this. Hang Loose!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines