March 28, 2024, 05:18:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jupiter 8v tuning issue with Pro Tools 10  (Read 5053 times)

ianvargo

Jupiter 8v tuning issue with Pro Tools 10
« on: February 10, 2013, 12:15:33 am »
Hi all,

I am using the Jupiter 8v VST with Pro Tools 10 on an iMac with an 17 processor (apogee duet as an interface) and came across an odd issue. The 8v works fine in standalone mode, but when within Pro Tools is entirely out of tune. Like, several whole steps out of tune. This makes the plugin nearly worthless to me. Any ideas?

Dav1d

Re: Jupiter 8v tuning issue with Pro Tools 10
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 09:25:43 am »
Are you in 48khz or 44.1khz?

tomlebeau

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 12:25:28 am »
Are you in 48khz or 44.1khz?

Out of curiosity, does it matter?
I'm running a 48khz session and my sequencer is not syncing to my Pro Tools tempo. Do I need to run in 44.1?

BlackFU

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 02:55:55 am »
I'm using and having problems with both the Jupiter 8v and the Modular V in Pro Tools 10.  I'm in 48hz but am in the same when using Ableton.  I can't start nor stop playback when I'm on the GUI of either synth, I have to click on the interface of either the mix or edit window in order to do so. I cannot access the full view of the Modular V and Pro Tools takes a while closing a session with just the Jupiter 8v.  When opening a session that already has the Jupiter 8v as a plugin there's a loud pop then glitch that lasts for about 5-8 seconds then a splash screen tells me that I've lost connection with my sound card.  After removing the synth and restarting the session everything opens just fine and my connection is normal.  I'm also using the Access Virus TI and Arturia Minibrute, I'm using only 1 processor.

Thanks.

Dav1d

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 12:00:35 pm »
To tomlebeau: Do you have the same issue on 44.1 K?
To BlackFU: This is odd, is that happening each time you use the Modular or the Jupiter, and for each presets?

BlackFU

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 01:13:28 am »
Yeah it happens quite frequently with both.  Today for instance I created a patch using the sequencer and saved it but after saving I tried reloading the patch just to see what would happen and the sequencer stopped working.  I then closed the session and reopened it and the patch had gone back to the default setting.  Fortunately the patch was still there but the sequencer is all out of whack now.  I am running the session in 48 but am going to test to see if there are any issues in 44.1.  As far as the Modular V goes I absolutely LOVE IT but can't access the full synth as mentioned before.  Oh and by the way I'm still having issues in 44.1 it seems that the sequencer is stuck in "free running" mode when I try to access the "MIDI Start/Stop" it doesn't respond.  The Note On/Off is working fine.
David, Thanks for your quick response and have a good weekend.  I hope we can figure this out.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:24:19 am by BlackFU »

Adrien

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 10:46:49 pm »
HI

if you can try with PT11.
This may be interesting.

We have to check this here.

Best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia