March 28, 2024, 07:42:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using the Spark as MIDI controler in Live  (Read 2171 times)

Hyruuk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Using the Spark as MIDI controler in Live
« on: February 03, 2013, 11:21:14 pm »
Hi everybody,

I rencently bought the Spark and I would like to use it to control parameters from another VST in Live. Infortunatly, I can't find the Spark in Live's MIDI settings. When I use the VST there is no problem, everything works fine but when I switch to the MIDI controller mode I can't map my parameters on the Spark...

Does someone have an idea of what my problem is ? What did I forgot or did wrong ?

Thanks by advance !

Toby@arturia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Using the Spark as MIDI controler in Live
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 10:45:43 am »
Hi Hyruuk,

have you had a look at Spark's MIDI Control Center software? It allows you to setup your own custom MIDI mapping for Spark so that you can use it as a MIDI controller. Have a look at the manual  for more details and if you still have problems don't hesitate to get in touch,

Good luck!

Toby

Hyruuk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 05:49:24 pm »
Hi Toby,
Thanks for your answer !

Yes I had a look to the software and to the user manual, but I still have some problems.
In the manual, I read that I have to open the public MIDI port on my computer. I'm using Ableton Live 8 and I don't know if I have to open it in Live or in Windows 7 ? Where should I go to do so ?
The other thing is that I would like to control with Spark some parameters from a VST in Live, but I don't know how to assign it with the MIDI Control Center. I thought I have to choose "Message type : Program Change" but then ? What to do next, for exemple to control the cutoff of the ARP2600 V running on Live ?

Thanks by advance  :)

Toby@arturia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 01:36:56 pm »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines