March 19, 2024, 03:52:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Configuration without computer?  (Read 2188 times)

calyx93

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Configuration without computer?
« on: April 01, 2013, 12:45:01 am »
I'm going to be going on a vacation/holiday in June and am taking a small setup with me for fun. iPad 2, Minibrute, Mg FreqBox (great as a second oscillator BTW), Mg Ring Mod, Mg CP-251, MicroKorg, KP3 + mixer, speakers, etc.

Knowing that I currently have to use my iMac in order to access the MiniBrute Connection to configure the triggering, LFO, arpeggiator, MIDI, etc., - and I DO change these parameters quite often - is there, or could there be, an app for iOS that would allow for those changes to be made when we don't have access to a computer? I don't own a laptop, so any solution would be great.

Thanks! :D

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
Re: Configuration without computer?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 12:53:52 am »
Apparently the configuration is changed via MIDI sysex messages (I think I saw that mentioned by bruno or someone, I could be wrong).

An iPhone app should be simple to make then.

What I'd really like to see in the future is the expansion of the configuration to also be accessible via the hardware MIDI ports, and most of all maybe via the hardware controls themselves, maybe using the Tap Tempo button as a sort of shift/function button or something.

You're right, there are some parameters that it would really help to have easily configurable, like legato mode or LFO retriggering.

calyx93

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Configuration without computer?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 03:16:55 pm »
You're right, there are some parameters that it would really help to have easily configurable, like legato mode or LFO retriggering.

Yes - those two, especially.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines