March 28, 2024, 10:00:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab vs Analog Laboratory: Comparison chart? Upgrade/Sidegrade path?  (Read 11352 times)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Is there an easy way to understand how Analog Lab is positioned when compared with Analog Laboratory ?

Is there any advantage for existing users to sidegrade/upgrade their Analog Laboratory software to Analog Lab?

Will there be anything related to this being offered to existing users (if there's any advantage on the newer product) ?

From what I've been able to see from the Analog Lab product page, it seems that it allows deeper mapping possibilities (more synth parameters available) than Analog Laboratory allows (unless I'm missing something or... confused about the feature specs of both :))

Also, it seems (not clear) that there's additional global effects now?
(Analog Chorus, Analog Delay, Phaser, Overdrive, Vocal Filter, Pitch-shift Chorus, Leslie, Flanger, Reverb, Digital Delay, Compressor, Sub-generator, Bit Crusher, Parametric EQ, Destroy, Limiter)

Are there any other relevant differences (that would make one want to "upgrade")?

What about other Analog series owners? (Factory; Player)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:40:55 pm by Koshdukai »

aaron aardvark

This is what I'm curious about: if the Analog Lab has 5,000 patches, and the Analog Laboratory has 4,300 patches (according to Arturia's website), will Analog Laboratory owners get the 700 new patches also?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 05:42:48 am by aaron aardvark »

Axle_65

A simple comparison chart would definitely be an answer to a lot of our questions.

I'm wondering about the customization. It seems to me the analog laboratory bundles cost a lot more then analog lab. I know the controller is smaller but in some respects it actually has more features. I feel like the price must come with some limitations. Will I be able to edit and customize my synths settings?

This may just be a no brainer question but I'm upgrading from the digidesign lite version which has very little in the ways of editing options.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:35:49 am by Axle_65 »

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
A simple comparison chart would definitely be an answer to a lot of our questions.

I'm wondering about the customization. It seems to me the analog laboratory bundles cost a lot more then analog lab. I know the controller is smaller but in some respects it actually has more features. I feel like the price must come with some limitations. Will I be able to edit and customize my synths settings?

This may just be a no brainer question but I'm upgrading from the digidesign lite version which has very little in the ways of editing options.

Comparison charts showing what softwares they support would be helpful too.  I was told by email that they do not support Sonar 8.  Ok, so what are the alternative options?  What do they support?  You'd think such tools would help them to promote their product, resulting in more sales.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
The closest thing I've found is at the bottom of the page in this link:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan12/articles/arturia-analog-laboratory.htm

But, it would still be nice if this were provided by Arturia.  Line 6 does an excellent job of this.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

GrantPettigrew

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Now that Analog Lab has been officially released, I have emailed Arturia to ask them about this - it seems to be 'virtually' the same product as Analog Laboratory.

I am still annoyed that Arturia have not released an update to Analog Laboratory (for a long time now) to fix some of the issues users are obviously having, myself included (that annoying/unusable issue with the volume of the plugin changing !!!).

GrantPettigrew

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I did get a reply from Arturia to say that Analog Lab was superceding Analog Laboratory, but there would be a small upgrade cost.

Not sure if I like that idea given some significant bugs in Analog Laboratory which many people have been putting up with for months now. Not sure I like the idea of paying out even more money....

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
I haven't been able to find any info on the site about this upgrade option.
Anyone else?

For those with valid, current activation codes, and are also setup for online support, I would imagine a notification email would be in order.  Some folks may upgrade & pay the cost on the spot.  It'd be a good cash grab for Arturia, and it might work out some of the bugs that we've been experiencing.

aaron aardvark

Re: Analog Lab vs Analog Laboratory: Comparison chart? Upgrade/Sidegrade path?
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 07:45:44 am »
For a limited time (probably over now), people with 3 or more Arturia synth plug-ins could buy the Arturia Analog Lab for $19US.  I was notified by e-mail of this offer.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines