March 28, 2024, 11:17:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Firmware requests  (Read 6747 times)

JnC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Firmware requests
« on: January 27, 2013, 04:28:07 am »
Could the ability to add 'rests' while recording an arp sequence be added to the next firmware update? Perhaps by pressing the octave + & - buttons simultaneously, or some other technique?

Thanks!

DarkEnergy

Re: Firmware requests
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 09:49:46 am »
+1  for the rests AND a transpose function, please !

Quinthius

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 10:17:22 am »
Both rests and ties would be incredibly awesome and would make the arpeggiator 1000 times more useful and more like a true sequencer (it is already very cool anyway, but this would be beyond cool).  Unfortunately I suspect the only mechanism buttons we have available to do something like this would be the octave +/- buttons and the tap tempo button.... not very much to work with, and I think the tap tempo button already does something special if held down.

Maybe it could work this way?

HOLD DOWN Tap Tempo and simultaneously press Octave Down for rest, or Octave Up for tie (where a tie would just sustain the same note for the consecutive beat, or multiple beats depending on how many times you insert ties :)  this way you could hold notes out for longer durations)

I don't think that would interfere with the current "hold tap tempo button" functionality (which I believe affects what the tempo does when you hold the button and turn the tempo knob).

Going a step further, maybe that tap tempo button could just be turned into a "function" button that does different things depending on what mode you are in.

For example:

If ARP SEQUENCER MODE is enabled AND the unit is currently switched to "HOLD" mode:  Hold Tap Tempo and press Octave Down or Octave Up to insert Rest or Tie (if Tie is entered after a Rest, it would insert another rest).

If sequencer mode is NOT enabled (i.e., set to factory standard), then when in "HOLD" mode maybe use this method to allow us to toggle whether the ARP re-triggers instantly when you play the keyboard or stays on its own steady beat and just changes the notes.

If ARP is set to "On" mode, could then allow this to set different options pertinent to THAT mode (not sure what...)

And then if ARP is "Off", could use the Tap Tempo + Octave Up/Down to enable/toggle two other specific features that might be helpful.

Probably crazy to try and implement all of that... but sure would be nice!

dexfx69

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 08:32:26 am »
+1 - would be very helpful.  ;)

yusynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 01:28:48 pm »
I discussed that with Bruno@arturia and that's the kind of thing that can be delt with in a future firmware release.

dexfx69

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 08:35:59 am »
Much thanks Yves, much thanks!

dexfx69

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 08:50:20 am »
Another firmware request; the Pitch knob in the lfo section is quite coarse in that it only covers a large range; if I wish to have slight detune, it would require a way for the pitch knob to cover a much smaller range, say 1/2 step up and down. This would be a tremendous help in sound creation if it is possible; it could be made an option in the Connection software, or better, as an option such as holding the tap button while turning the pitch knob puts it into non-coarse mode.  :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:15:01 pm by dexfx69 »

zedius

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 07:26:21 pm »
I can't say there's no work around for certain, but I believe what you're asking for there Dexfx69 would again require digital manipulation of the potentiometer  data which simply does not exist. This would require a hardware mod.

yusynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 08:08:15 pm »
I can't say there's no work around for certain, but I believe what you're asking for there Dexfx69 would again require digital manipulation of the potentiometer  data which simply does not exist. This would require a hardware mod.
I am not sure but I think that, precisely because the LFO is digital, the rate knob range could easily be adjusted by the firmware. The problem in such a case is whence you zoom up within the range how do you select the beginning and ending of this range, should it concentrate on the lowest, the medium or the highest rate region ?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:11:31 pm by yusynth »

bobby68

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 01:14:09 pm »
As the LFO is digital, I hope it could be possible to make a "One Shot"-setting, in the MiniBrute Connection-software.

So the LFO will have the option to behave like a, limited, third envelope: Attack - Decay.
It would be very usefull for pitch effects.

Ed Solo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 08:58:38 pm »
What would be really cool is if you can draw the LFO shape in the editor, and then send it to the minibrute and overwrite the "random" waveshape or something simuluar.

I could then draw a complex waveshape (depending on the resolution) and slow the LFO right down to get some nice modulation going.

Maybe im wishing for to much here, but maybe not.

Ed

yusynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 10:35:37 am »
What would be really cool is if you can draw the LFO shape in the editor, and then send it to the minibrute and overwrite the "random" waveshape or something simuluar.

I could then draw a complex waveshape (depending on the resolution) and slow the LFO right down to get some nice modulation going.

Maybe im wishing for to much here, but maybe not.

Ed

Too bad for the random wave-shape because that one is not digital, the two last shapes of the LFO, "step random" and "smoothed random", are generated by analog circuits to obtain true randomness.
The idea of a user drawn shape is interested but it would have to be substituted with one of the other shapes ("sine","triangle","saw", or "square")

tbn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 09:32:01 pm »
An autoglide function would be very welcome. A time constant glide, only applied when two notes overlap.
I know it can't be coupled to the analog glide cirquit, but it could possibly be implemented in the midi-cv converter.

The combination of the tap- and octave buttons could be used to set different preset glidetimes. (Perhaps synced to arp clock?)

Would be very nice for making those elastic basslines :)

seandynan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 01:56:17 pm »
I would like the progression of each arpeggiator step to be controllable by an external trigger in. I am not explaining this very well. This is what I mean: listen to how Kebu's TR606 tom pattern is triggering the arpeggio on his Juno 60:

http://youtu.be/kCYhreM7kao?t=18s

Thanks.

seandynan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 02:00:49 pm »
I have used my Minibrute Pitch and Gate outs to play my DotCom modular and Mg Rogue. But in both cases the resulting notes are maybe 2 or 3 octaves higher than I expect or want. Can this be fixed? Or is there a workaround? I am using firmware v1.0.2.1.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:21:22 pm by seandynan »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines