March 29, 2024, 10:35:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Failing amp circuit  (Read 2206 times)

Techmonkey

Failing amp circuit
« on: September 07, 2015, 05:28:10 pm »
Hello,

I'd let my Minibrute gather dust for a few months and now seem to be having issues with it after it just sitting. Problem is as follows:

1. Power the MB up and a poppy grindy tone starts immediately.
2. Press any key and I get a sustained note. Any further keys result in a sustained note as well.
3. Notes will continue on as if sustain/release are set to infinite.
4. Only way to stop the note is to drop the sliders on the Amp envelope to zero.
5. Raise the sliders up again and no further sounds are produced regardless of Env/Amp slider settings.
6. Shut it off and turn it back on, it starts again.

I'm guessing the board either has bad solder or needs to be replaced. I cracked it open and the non-surface mounted stuff looks really sloppy. Flux everywhere. The board is a CU130001 Rev F. Any advice before I go looking for a replacement board?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 05:36:59 pm by Techmonkey »

jooechip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Failing amp circuit
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 07:09:19 am »
I have a similar issue.

On turning on the Minibrute, both envs are constantly triggered (both green LEDs lit) and if the sustain is above 0, I get a constant sound. There is also clear distortion/cracking in the audio path.

I've tried a new power supply which made no difference.

Also, when I power up the synth, roughly one in 10 times the env is ok, however the modulation section has no effect on the audio path.

So I get two scenarios:
1. always on env, but modulation ok
2. env behaves normally but no modulation

This is my 2nd Minibrute, and the second fault (returned first time for a tuning error).

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 07:12:11 am by jooechip »

Techmonkey

Re: Failing amp circuit
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 04:04:50 pm »
Sounds like the board for you too. I'm working with support to get pricing on a replacement board. I'll post back when I get the numbers.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines