March 29, 2024, 04:05:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keyboard for MiniBrute  (Read 3650 times)

NickRoberts

• Apprentice
Keyboard for MiniBrute
« on: August 12, 2018, 05:58:59 pm »
Hi everybody my first post on here.

I bought a minibrute  a few months ago (I've played guitar previously for many years).

The question is, could I connect a midi keyboard such as the M-Audio Keystation 49 key to the Minibrute ?

Also if it's possible would I connect the keyboard by usb or midi ?

Sorry for such simple question but keyboards,synths and midi is a whole new world to me.

Cheers,

Nick

zedius

Re: Keyboard for MiniBrute
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 03:21:00 am »
In general as long as a device can receive midi you can plug a midi keyboard into it. Plug the midi out from the key station to the midi in on the brute. Then you will need to know the midi channel of the brute and set the key station to transmit to that channel. That's it!

USB midi is generally just for computer connections.

NickRoberts

• Apprentice
Re: Keyboard for MiniBrute
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 10:33:08 pm »
In general as long as a device can receive midi you can plug a midi keyboard into it. Plug the midi out from the key station to the midi in on the brute. Then you will need to know the midi channel of the brute and set the key station to transmit to that channel. That's it!

USB midi is generally just for computer connections.

Many thanks and sorry for late reply...Life gets in the way sometimes.

I've just bought an Alesis Q49, nice and cheap for a first Keyboard/Midi controller.
It worked perfectly out of the box.
This analog synth thing is getting a bit addictive. I'm looking at a Behringer Model D to add to the Minibrute.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines