March 28, 2024, 07:16:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audio In level  (Read 8535 times)

sparki

Re: Audio In level
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 03:11:51 pm »
i allready asked this in another thread, but sadly got no response from the staff.
im fine with the audio in levels, maybe bit to low but ok, i can deal with it.
but what a really big problem is that its not possible on (my) minibrute to use the audio gate switch option properly. if MB is switched to gate and i put a loud signal in nothing happens, the env wont be triggered by audio. The weird thing is, that if i make the audio in my DAW so loud that it clips hard, then the envelope gets triggered. it really weird, because as soon as audio starts clipping (in my DAW) the MB responds. i try this with different signals, usually i just want to route the headphone channel of my interface to the audio in of the MB. But triggering the env only works if signal is hard clipping, this means no chance for me to get the MB triggered by a clean (non-clipping) signal.
i would really apreciate if the staff could be so kind and response on my problem, this is allready the third try to get some info about this problem from you guys. please take a heart and awnser me!

/edit
ive made a short video, maybe this helps understanding my problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVFSPRO6oTM

the video is recorded a bit to quiet, please turn up the volume ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:09:47 pm by sparki »

kingjdub1978

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Audio In level
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 05:02:44 pm »
hmm, seems mine is too sensitive and really easy to peak the audio input causing unwanted distrotion, I am feeding it from a send on my mixer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines